Recommendation required for the best weedkiller for gardens please?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all

I antecedently announce to elicit recommendation as we have a tendency to buy a brand new house complete with entirely weed crammed gardens. We've dug out all the most trees and took up as several weeds as we are able to, we have a tendency to additionally used lots of glyphosate weed killer on all the gardens, however, a number of the weeds area unit simply too huge and too deep set and have come. My brother and that I was making an attempt to dig out what sounded like some pretty simple dandelions yesterday, however, the roots went down over a foot and were over an in. thick!

Anyhoo, we are at the end our tether with it, all we would like could be a nice blank canvas at the rear to turf over and do some pretty borders, and a little front garden free from weeds so I will begin a pleasant sweet-smelling rock garden.

I have a broken spine thus constant creating by removal isn't a possibility on behalf of me thus what am I able to use on the gardens to kill the deeper set weed roots? Is there something I can purchase from say Home&Garden which may facilitate to induce obviate some additional weeds and roots before I am going ahead and begin planting all my nice plants and shrubs?

Any facilitate would be wonderful and if you would like to any extent further information about top or best weed killer then please suggest me asap!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The strongest brush killer Roundup should kill it all. Just be sure to cover yourself up well and use a mask when using it to be safe. It is best to use in warm weather so you should wait until late Spring where you live. Too cold now to be effective.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Did you use a translator to write this post? It's hard to elicit the meaning under all the $10 words. Not trying to be mean - just being honest.

Let me try - you bought a house. Yard and gardens are very weedy. You are handicapped (permanently? Temporarily?) and need an easy fix. You want to plant grass along with some flower beds and borders. Am I close?

I am not a fan of glysophates, but they are a quick fix and used sparingly will definitely get the job done. But if I were starting a new lawn, I would have the whole thing tilled (two, three, four times - whatever it takes) add a good layer of topsoil and then lay sod. Fastest and most cost effective way to get a good bit of grass growing.

I would also till the beds and then apply a thick, thick layer of mulch - like a foot deep. Let it sit for a year before you plant and by year two you will have nice soil to start some nice flower gardens. Keep mulching - forever. haha!

P.S. This is the exact method we used when we moved into our house almost 28 years ago. We built a new house in a subdivision that had been scraped (all the top soil removed and left exposed) for a number of years before houses were built. The dandelions, queen anne's lace and various forms of crabgrass as well as creeping morning glory had pretty much taken over. It was a lot of prep work, but we have great soil today and never used any chemical weed killers. Having said that - our property is under 1/4 acre. Small palette makes the scope of the work easier to manage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They sell a very strong brush killer at tractor supply and most farm stores .But the effect of them on your health and the health of your ground is not good .Plus runoff from these can cause problems for anything you plant in the future .It is like when you get compost and don't know a herbicide was used on stuff before it was composted and all your pretty flowers and veggies die .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mulch is definitely the answer...... Sarah and I have been living in our house for almost 40 years....even though when we first started our flower beds were small we started using mulch....the mulch we get here in the south is the partially composed bark off of trees coming from sawmills......if you will put it in deep the first year, you will still get some weeds through it, do it again the next year and you will have less, by the third year you won’t have any weeds, the only thing then Is runners from your lawn grass creeping in, thats when you use the spot spraying of Round Up.... needless to say our gardens have expanded as we have gotten older....I used to haul a load in the back of my truck......now we get a dump truck load.....lol

Ask a Question