Back to Cordoba.

Reaction score
We found our land. 1 1/2 hectares, that's 150 acres. I've known that God sent me to Mexico for a reason, I just didn't know what it was. As usual, it was simple. Jesus told Peter, "Do you love me? Feed my sheep." three times. This is enough land to feed much of the small village that we will live in. Six kilometers outside of Cordoba is the small village of La Patrona. Everything grows here, we will plant watermelon, squash, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, green beans, cantaloupe, you name it. We will also have eggs, goats and pigs and throw a big BBQ feed.

DSCF3700_zps2683a0d9.jpg

DSCF3706_zps3cab0735.jpg

This low spot is real flat, the kids from the village play soccer here, we won't stop them once we buy it.

DSCF3707_zps625fd109.jpg

A small stream runs through it.

DSCF3713_zps07fc4417.jpg

A beautiful hacienda right down the road.

DSCF3717_zpsc3e5a5a1.jpg

One of our new neighbors, that's coffee and sugar cane.

DSCF3729_zpsf0c4de52.jpg

The village is very poor, but very clean, no litter on the streets.

DSCF3730_zpsad2b618a.jpg

DSCF3733_zps6b827386.jpg

We stopped here for a few beers, dogs wander in and out freely and no one cares.

DSCF3737_zpsc30abcc7.jpg

DSCF3738_zpsd2d2c11b.jpg

This old man was supposed to be playing the flute for tips, but he was nodding so bad, he almost fell off of his ledge.

DSCF3743_zps2cb98cd4.jpg

DSCF3744_zps871e2803.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a lot of land you bought and so nice you are going to put it to use not just for you but for many people to enjoy. And you even have a pretty little creek. Can't wait to see you start building and improving the land and growing all that luscious food!

Reaction score
It's really a beautiful piece of land. If you look at the "soccer field" this is where the stream runs along the property, I will clear and level a spot there to sit and listen to the water. A burro costs about $100.00 and they are perfect for climbing the mountains and general hauling of rocks to build my wall.

There are a lot of police in the hotel and town. The Mexican and Central American games take place this week and part of it will be here in Cordoba.

DSCF3747_zpseedc2995.jpg

DSCF3749_zps6fd53ee3.jpg

Delicious, piping hot tamales served in a baguette on the corners in the morning.

DSCF3748_zps0a9e5449.jpg

Gloria is beside herself with joy over our land. Pharmacia Similaries is a huge chain here. Their mascot dances to loud music in front of the pharmacy. They have a DJ in th produce section of the supermarket.

DSCF3766_zps01e2ff16.jpg

Click the link below to see Dr. Simi's moves.

http://vid109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/Ditchdoctor/DSCF3767_zpsbw3dtwtj.mp4

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you both will love it there and Dr Simi is a hip to the jive dancing fella :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Gloria feels that giving the food away is not good. They will accept it, but will be humiliated by doing so and accepting charity. She says to charge 2 pesos which is like 2 cents. I think a sign "Comida para pietras" will be big. "Food for rocks" will really get them going and they will feel like they earned it. With boys and men gathering rocks, we can have a wall around our property for the cost of the cement and sand, we are going to grow the food anyway. The government actually pays people to grow a certain plant that only grows in this particular area. It is beautiful and is used as a filler for bouquets, it keeps the florists in business.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't think of that. You know how it is here. Lots don't want to work here and they want it all for free too. Not used to people that want to work for an honest living. The people there need to be built up and shown their lives are worth something and that if they work hard they get paid fairly. If you just hand it all over they don't get the enjoyment of feeling self worth and pride in what they did to earn it. Lots of people here could care less if they work for anything. It is a sad mess we have made here and now we have to live in it.
I think you will make the community there much better in all that you are doing. Hope you get all the rocks you need to start building your rock wall and then onto your hacienda. Those flowers for bouquets sound like a good plan for you to make some extra bucks.

Reaction score
The rocks and labor are everywhere. The small rivers are full of them and they will build the wall, I'll cook. We found out yesterday that the government supplies cattle and the feed. We let them graze and they buy them back from us, even haul them. We keep the calves. It's the same with those plants, they only grow in Cordoba. The sprouts are supplied and there is a sure sale when they are grown. Electric bills are $25.00 a month, well water so no water bill. A fireplace so no heating bill. Rum, rolling papers, some cleaning supplies and we will grow the rest of the food.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like they have some pretty good deals there that you can take advantage of. So if you take the cattle you get the calves and you have beef to eat, trade or sell and get paid for allowing them to graze. You have it all worked out and ready to rum and roll............:D

Ask a Question