Country
United States
I love this pic
101_0509.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
scuttlebut is a Tennesee walking horse .The others are rescues
I have one of those too! Stitch - (rescue) and some reg Paso Finos (one of whom is also a rescue). Cool that we've got gaited horses in common! Do you a photo of your horses? Will check back after work.

BTW that fish with the fuzz was just sitting on the tub bottom last night (I thought at first he was almost dead because I saw virtually no movement) - and I was going to net him out before he died, but he managed to evade my net so he's still in there. Didn't see him when I check before getting ready for work. Will see what I find tonight -

Attachments

• 20170507_095334.jpg
    20170507_095334.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 192

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can't stand when people get horses here and do nothing with them and can't afford to buy food to feed them .2 of them were skin and bones ,the red one and the black and white one .I just love animals of all sorts ,well except snakes :)That is one beautiful horse you have .What a shine he has to his coat .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't stand when people get horses here and do nothing with them and can't afford to buy food to feed them .2 of them were skin and bones ,the red one and the black and white one .I just love animals of all sorts ,well except snakes :)That is one beautiful horse you have .What a shine he has to his coat .
Thank you! In winter he is excessively shaggy and unkempt looking though lol. That's just Stitch.

I don't see a photo of yours if you uploaded one - Gotta head out now, hope to see them when I get back!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They sure are pretty boys .Don't mind the date on my pic it is an old camera and It won't keep the date set anymore ,.Every time I turn it on and then upload the pics it goes onto what ever date .I have a new camera but this sight tells me the image files are to big for this sight

Reaction score
Country
United States
I suspect the fish came in sick.
Maybe, Faebinder - Could certainly also be operator error. But I have had fancy goldfish before (ranchus, pearls etc) and used to breed them, too, so this is a first for me. I guess I was lucky back then,

Now I need to find a way to save the ones that are left. Will head to the pet store (a different one, that's closer) tomorrow to get the API kit and at least get a handle on what's going on with pH, ammonia etc. But I did snap a photo of the foam appearing overnight - Bad sign. That one that's been sick is likely not going to last until tomorrow.

:- (

Suggestions on treatment based on symptoms?

Not sure if removing it to sacrifice (or treat) would make any difference with the rest at this point. Might clean out another stock tank I've got (A 40 gal I'd actually planned to use for the horses ), and buy a couple feeder golds, (and another filter darnit) to stick in it, and see how they do.

Attachments

• 20170510_155549.jpg
    20170510_155549.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20170510_155600.jpg
    20170510_155600.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 139
Reaction score
Country
United States
They sure are pretty boys .Don't mind the date on my pic it is an old camera and It won't keep the date set anymore ,.Every time I turn it on and then upload the pics it goes onto what ever date .I have a new camera but this sight tells me the image files are to big for this sight
Is any one else seeing them? I'm not seeing them - Maybe there's something , a link or something, I need to click? I can't see anyone else's photos.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seeing the photos now, I had to refresh a few times- Awww, beautiful horses. Even at my age I still get excited when I see horses when I'm driving around in rural areas. Never gets old LOL

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Maybe, Faebinder - Could certainly also be operator error. But I have had fancy goldfish before (ranchus, pearls etc) and used to breed them, too, so this is a first for me. I guess I was lucky back then,

Now I need to find a way to save the ones that are left. Will head to the pet store (a different one, that's closer) tomorrow to get the API kit and at least get a handle on what's going on with pH, ammonia etc. But I did snap a photo of the foam appearing overnight - Bad sign. That one that's been sick is likely not going to last until tomorrow.

Suggestions on treatment based on symptoms?

Not sure if removing it to sacrifice (or treat) would make any difference with the rest at this point. Might clean out another stock tank I've got (A 40 gal I'd actually planned to use for the horses ), and buy a couple feeder golds, (and another filter darnit) to stick in it, and see how they do.

Foam developing is a sign that there is already a dead fish somewhere in the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Foam developing is a sign that there is already a dead fish somewhere in the pond.
All accounted for - Including the wobbly sick one. So, maybe ammonia cycle broken? Had hoped adding the bio-media would have helped boost that . . . Maybe should change more water again despite the above advice? Wish I could have gotten to a shop on way home but have to get horses (colt in stall) fed and cleaned etc first. May go back out tonight after if store is still open and get that test kit -

Ask a Question