Before I lose all my fish - !

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just FYI, haven't had any further issues - I think the frequent large water changes and pulling that 2nd sick fish out before it died might have (knock wood) contained any further spread. Have not lost another fish. Crossing fingers . . . Thanks, all!
:- )

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dang, now out of the blue I find another Shubunkin dead on bottom. Only symptom was a little shyness the day before. They are all three acting shier now, even my biggest survivor who I have grown very fond of.

Now I suspect I will lose them all, after all.

Perhaps the cycling minnows need to be removed. Likely they're harboring parasites (would entail removing all the gravel, rocks etc from the tub so I can get them, then a huge water change to clear up the mess that will make). I have never experienced loss of goldfish like this before and it's heartbreaking. Just read on Solid Gold that the site owner has something nasty suddenly killing off all her stock after keeping and breeding for years. (Very different symptoms there, though.) Ugh.

Thoughts?

:- (

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ammonia levels?
nitrate?
nitrite?
phosphates?
Maintenance schedule and what you do?
Plants?
(these levels today / currently)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm guessing that you haven't had a chance to go out and buy some water test kits?
- or have some delivered?
I thought I was over the hump - Everyone was great and eating and acting normal for over a week. So I didn't.

So no one suspects it's having those Rosy Reds in there?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I thought I was over the hump - Everyone was great and eating and acting normal for over a week. So I didn't.

So no one suspects it's having those Rosy Reds in there?
We cant suspect or give a statement "for sure" unless we know exactly what is going on, physically, and with parameters, etc.
And from what I have read in here not much information has been provided which is Needed In order to conclude your problem here. Which so far as I see their are numerous issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
When I hear fish dying a bit every week I have to ask. Do you spray any anti weed or anti insect material around the pond that may be seeping in the pond when it rains?

Ask a Question