Best or recommend hose filter for chlorine removal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am looking for the best or a recommendation for hose filter for removing chlorine. I found a few on line but reviews led me to believe they did not work. I live in South Carolina with the temperature almost year round being hot to warm I will need to top off pond weekly.

Thanks for any help

Bossman

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have also heard that the hose end filters don't do much - and if they do, they aren't terribly reliable. How much water do you think you'll need to add weekly?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well for what it is worth...... I have a 3000 gallon pond.... I change out about 12” of my pond each week during the spring/summer/fall.... during the winter I only use it keep the water level. They are advertised to being good for 3000 gallons.... I have no doubt I have exceeded that many times..... I generally buy three a year and I have never had any problems with chlorine in water changes. They are a bit pricey but I like the convenience of it..... might not be for everyone but it works for me
3FE70F39-83D9-434A-94EF-1F9D89B2ABA3.png
C77C1605-7B4D-446C-9DE4-134B7C17B02D.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Seachem makes a product called "Safe". It's a concentrated powder that "removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. It is non-acidic and will not impact pH" I use it for my tanks in the house and for my pond. I bought the 2.2lb bottle and it has lasted a couple of years and I still have a bunch left. I just sprinkle it in my return flow when adding water. It's great stuff. It only requires a 1/4 tsp. to treat 300 gallons. I don't have any connections to the company, but I will always promote a product that does what it says, and does it for the right price.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Get one of the 4x4 totes, cut off the top and fill with you water. In a week the chlorine should be gone ,test,then add to the pond. If a week does not remove the chlorine just add a small air pump.
Fill and repeat.

Ask a Question