Bigger pond

Reaction score
Sorry I missed more details lol 8 of the fish are goldfish and 2 are orfes that are getter re homes to a friend so it will just be 8 small koi going in and I plan to buy one aw 2 good size koi to go in to my bigger pond, so I hope the amonia levels will be ok, I will be starting tomorrow with moving fish and digging the bigger pond I will take pic and keep you up dated. Thanks for your advice

Reaction score
This might seem like a stupid question but what type of plants can you have in a koi ponds and water lilies oka?

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Mmathis said:
I would be more concerned with ammonia levels than the temperature, especially with that many [good-size] fish! Using the old pump & filter is a good idea, as long as you keep the filter media as is, and don't try to wash it. You'll want all that good bacteria in there.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
I agree. Use the old filter with the kitty pool if you can.

If you dont't have a cycled filter to move to the kitty pool.

Check the ammonia and nitrite on the kitty pool daily. Digs often take longer then expected.
If the water in the kitty pool turns green that is nature taking care of the ammonia. Do a 75% change as needed to keep it from getting too desnse. If you don't like green water expect to do daily water daily larger water changes unless there is a working filter. With green water you should be able to go longer depending on the fish load.

Think about getting a second kitty pool to condition water to use in the first. By the time you get that pond dug you will be an expert at large water changes . Buy dechlore in the huge size.

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the info my existing filter and pump I will set up on the kitty pool, so I should have no problems as I have Neva before but will just have to seen what happens, but thank you very much for your help I will keep you posted

Reaction score
Hi again people, what is the best way to cover a liner? Of course I don't want to split it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Jamesc90 said:
Hi again people, what is the best way to cover a liner? Of course I don't want to split it.

cover in what way?

Reaction score
Hide it? I have dug shelves for various plants and not keen on the solid black liner, well the pond has been dug and liner is in, fish are back in with the old pond water, waiting for new water to warm it was only 3.4 colder yesterday so hope the warm weather today will bring it closer.

Ask a Question