Black Moor

Discussion in 'Fish & Koi Talk' started by USMC Ponder, Apr 15, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

1. USMC Ponder

USMC Ponder

Anyone keep black moors? Mainly in areas where the water freezes in the winter?

USMC Ponder, Apr 15, 2018 at 12:21 AM
    1. Advertisements

2. USMC Ponder

bettasngoldfish Maria

I have two in aquariums in the house. Tried an experiment this past winter with some fancy goldies in their own pond. Had it covered and heated to keep water above freezing (lowest temperature reading was 43 degrees) the telescope eye (moor) had to be brought back inside during the cold winter. I actually thought he was dead but once I got him inside with a little time and TCL he got better. He won't be going back out. I have some young Oranda out there and they have done well. So I guess it just depends on the fish . Although depending on the pond and other types of fish I would worry about telescope having their eyes injured or even lost.

bettasngoldfish, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:16 AM
    1. Advertisements

3. USMC Ponder

qclabrat

I have one and it's about 6 yrs old and 6-7 inches long. Planning to get two more this year. I don't think they are any harder to raise in ponds than the other GF

qclabrat, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:59 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question