Blower Blew it's Top

Reaction score
After reading some interesting posts about the different backflushing procedures for a pressurized filter, I decided to go out and give a few a try. I was really pleased with the quick release of the beads when I used a backwash step before a rinse step (before, my beads must have been clumping together and I couldn't get them to agitate). However, at the end of a cycle requiring the 1.5HP Blower, the whole thing flew up in the air. It didn't hit me and wasn't damaged in the take-off. It just looks like the joint compound gave way.

My question is how do I replace the blower onto the PVC fitting? Do I use the same PVC primer and glue I would use for other PVC joins?

I am so underpaid for this pondkeeping job. :disappointed_anim:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
:banghead3: :LOL: Oh no... That's terrible and kind of funny at the same time. Sorry for my dark sense of humor here.

Glad ya did not get hurt. It is scary when that stuff happens. Hopefully it didn't tear anything up. If there is a PVC piece stuck inside the blower, you could get a small torch of some sort and very gently heat up the broken PVC piece and very gently take it off without harming the blower connector.

If you're not positive the connection is PVC to PVC, then you can use a transitional primer and transitional pvc glue. "Transitional" simply means trying to glue different types of plastics. These glues are actually doing a chemical weld and different plastics chemically weld differently. So, you need to make sure ya use the corect glue.

If there is glue on any of the plastic, then sand it down little bit just to get the glue off, but be careful not to sand the plastic..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you didn't get hurt, that could have been a nose smasher

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, lift off we have lift off lol :D so sorry I couldnt resist that......... ah Houston we have a problem :eek:

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who can laugh at these things. I am thrilled that my nose is still intact.

I relayed this story to my husband when he got home and he said, "Yeah, that happens a lot." A warning might have been nice? He thought that it was just designed to sit up there unattached. Back to the drawing board...

Ask a Question