Bogging in New Jersey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got the concrete base for the steps around one side of the bog formed up and poured. Only have picture of the forms, not the poured results:
IMG_3948 4x6.JPG

But I did get the concrete put into the forms. I threw in a lot of big rocks that I had lying around, both to get rid of them and to lessen the number of sacks of concrete that I had to mix. Maybe pix of the result tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This fellow hopped into our suitcase on our recent trip to Vietnam:
IMG_3950 4x6.jpg

He's a fisherman, but needs a new pole.

I also installed a net to keep at least some of the leaves out of the pond. It's surrounded by trees, so keeping up with the leaves by using a net just wasn't getting it done.

pastures

Dauphene Duck
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Greetings bobchapman. I built a "reflective pond" into a field-stone retaining wall with a small water falls back in the '80s for both fish and water plants similar to your plans. Back then, I did not have any EDM rubber membranes available to me. So, I successfully applied garage/floor sealer with brush and roller: no leaks! However, the concrete had to be absolutely dry to absorb the sealer. You might consider using this (at Home Depot) as a preventive primer under your EDM liner.

Ask a Question