Brand new pond.

Reaction score
Thank you. I can’t believe what a job they did with the pond. As far as Koi I know this is bad but I am just getting regular koi, nothing fancy. A mix of small and medium size ones. I saw some of the prices online and in the store for real Japanese koi and I was shocked.
Your new pond is gorgeous...Your adventures are just beginning,
As far as koi are concerned, my koi are all cheap regular koi, mostly butterflies,
they are so beautifull and graceful...the more you love them, the more beautiful
they will become...Really, you don’t need expensive koi.

We purchased our koi small, they grow very quickly and they’re very social and love to be
hand fed...

do you have a compost pile, if not start one, you’ll get lots of earth worms to feed
your koi...earth worms are high in protein, we especially feed them a lot out of worms in the fall
to beef them up for winter...our koi are between 19 and 23 years old, the rest are our babies
born in our pond...
One more hint, if you want a koi pond don’t get goldfish...they multiply like crazy, you’ll spent
lots of time trying to catch them to give them away.

check out butterflies! They are mesmerizing to watch.
9E90ADBC-090A-4291-B0E0-A4B32FEC68AF.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
One more hint, if you want a koi pond don’t get goldfish...they multiply like crazy, you’ll spent
lots of time trying to catch them to give them away.

Not true! You just have to learn the sex of each and every goldfish and only keep males or females in a pond and never make any mistakes about which is which! XD

Someone needs to invent a birth control pond additive...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
That's gorgeous! The double waterfall is the focal point.

We started out with a few feeder goldfish about 12 years ago. Then added some butterfly koi that were 3 for $15!

After 2 years, we built a bigger pond. Now, 12 years later, we still have some of those original fish and a lot of their offspring. They grow and multiply fast, so be prepared!

Enjoy!

Ask a Question