Brand new pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my brand new pond and patio that was finally completed today. Looking forward to seeing the Koi grow and relax outside.

Attachments

• 21DE30FC-402C-4828-AF33-FDD3DF321753.jpeg
    21DE30FC-402C-4828-AF33-FDD3DF321753.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 232

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
wonderful pond! what kind of koi are you getting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
This is my brand new pond and patio that was finally completed today. Looking forward to seeing the Koi grow and relax outside.
This is one of my favorite ponds. I just love the split waterfall and the beautiful rocks. I can’t imagine how beautiful it will look once you add some plants!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
This is one of my favorite ponds. I just love the split waterfall and the beautiful rocks. I can’t imagine how beautiful it will look once you add some plants!
Spoke too soon! I was so impressed by the design that I never noticed that you already have plants and nice ones too! Beautiful!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you. I can’t believe what a job they did with the pond. As far as Koi I know this is bad but I am just getting regular koi, nothing fancy. A mix of small and medium size ones. I saw some of the prices online and in the store for real Japanese koi and I was shocked.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hired this amazing company in NJ. They started off by putting two huge boulders on either end and one in the middle. After that they built up the middle and sides so when the water enters it goes to the left and right. They did a fantastic job from start to finish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

Love your pond and the waterfalls!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wowzers! That's gorgeous!

And what do you mean it's "bad" to have "regular koi"? You don't have to spend a lot or get anything fancy to fall in love with your fish! Pick some pretty ones and enjoy! How many gallons is your pond? Remember that koi get big fast, so don't over stock. They start out so small it's easy to do!

Ask a Question