Brexit Vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Tssk tssk, your texan is coming out. See? It isnt just a UK thing. Terrorism and economics and education and technology and propoganda has skewed everyone and noone can talk to anyone anymore. We all automatically take sides and we dont even know each other...how sad.

@KC Crook , people do want to talk to each other...

...but tough to talk to people that quickly dismiss you as SIXHERB ... "“Sexist, Intolerant, Xenophobic, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Racist, Bigoted.”.. oh... and the new one... Old White Men... I just wonder which side predominately use these "trigger warnings"...

Just look at the Brexit vote... a major tag line of the "stay" crowd was... "Don't let other people think you MIGHT be a racist and xenophobic. Do not vote to leave the EU."

... that is what is sad...

Can't talk to people that think you do not have a decent bone in your body for disagreeing with them on politics...

If the Left wants to talk... then they need to stop throwing grenades at those whom are trying to talk with them...

Last edited:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
@KC Crook , and you see... this is why there is a gulf and why people automatically take sides...

You think what I just wrote is propaganda... rather than what has/is actually happened/happening...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
when forming opinions particularly political opinions I try to use primary sources. not sure if I have ever seen that tag line and I would love to if you could post it up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
When dealing with nonsense like that... that actually PASSED... in the EU

Imagine a world with no "high powered toasters"... so to save the world from Climate Change... o_O;)

Why do Brits think they have any chance to reform the EU?

Cause they have John Lennon... that's why... Just imagine and the Brits will have a chance to reform the EU... :LOL:

We did have John Lennon but you boys shot him

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
when forming opinions particularly political opinions I try to use primary sources. not sure if I have ever seen that tag line and I would love to if you could post it up.

...just google it... not tough to find... here is one particular..

from the supposedly "non biased" source..

After a compaign scarred by bigotry, it's become OK to be racist in Britain
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/28/campaign-bigotry-racist-britain-leave-brexit

... which side is it that even wrote the word "racist" to begin with in this thread...

...driving me crazy...:LOL::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
They are primary sources backing up the argument that the leave campaign is being used as a vechicle for hate

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
They are primary sources backing up the argument that the leave campaign is being used as a vechicle for hate

...and which side created that narrative...

... be quite odd for the "leave compaign" to say... " We're a vehicle for hate, racism, and xenophobia. Vote for us! " ... Give me a break...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I am gonna draw a line under my contributions to this thread, I have only just joined this forum and I really like it. I don't wish to alienate or upset people and I hope I have not. I am gonna stick to posts about ponds and fish an area which I have little expertise and loads to learn. I would like to make friends on here and benifit the forum for the long term. Peace out, take it easy and good night from the Isle of Man

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I found it surprising that 70% of the "yes" vote came from the demographic that won't be alive fifteen years from now.

...said as if the older citizens does NOT care at all about their children's nor grandchildren's economic future... :oops:

You can adapt to a volcanic eruption too... doesn't mean you'd want it to happen though.

I think you missed my point... If there was anyone that should have voted against this deal, then would have been the older generation...except they didn't...

@mgmine said it quite well in the post below..

With age comes wisdom. At the rate that Europe is changing In another generation it won't be the same or even close to what it is now. If Europe wants a one nation type government then that is what they should vote for. Having Brussels make rules for sovereign countries makes no sense to me. Great Brittan is a great country and will come out of this without a scratch. It's the other countries that depend on GB's wealth that should be worried.

So now...

You can adapt to a volcanic eruption too... doesn't mean you'd want it to happen though.

...Everything is apocalyptic... Now, UK will never be able to make a trade deal with the EU or with anyone nor make a defense pact with anyone... it is all apocalyptic now that one's citizenship is being considered to change rather than helping the UK... :rolleyes:

My point is the younger crowd do not show much, if any, allegiance to their country... rather... they want to be a "EU Citizen" or "a Global Citizen of Europe" so to ensure a more comfortable life for them self...

... EU is basically blackmailing countries to do what the EU is telling them to do by threatening "free trade" economic consequences, such as not accepting more immigrants results in not being able to participate in some EU free trade deals...

The EU has been acting incredibly totalitarian.... If your country does not want to think as the EU does, then watch out...

Can people in the USA imagine... What if POTUS Obama said that... If everyone does not have more immigrant sanctuary cities or does not agree with the Democrats immigration policies, then the opposing States can not sell their economy goods to neighboring States...

...Heck no this would not happen in the USA...

I am surprised by the number of folk in the USA that do not support the UK's decision to leave the EU...

...although, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after considering today's political scenery...

Oh well... :oops: :sick:

I appreciate people letting me vent...:(

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
@KC Crook , this is why quite tough for the political classes to talk to each other...

...and this is the prestigious New York Times.... not some twiddly internet blog site ran by conservatives....

Hell Is Other Britons - New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/opinion/sunday/hell-is-other-britons.html?_r=0

This is a Brit that wants England destroyed as a result of Brexit....

... nonsense like this is why people take sides and why there is a huge void...

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question