Brexit Vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellena

I can always figure out how to figure it out!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b 9a. Or 8a 9b
Country
United States
E.U. was basically created, at an attempt of "can't we all just get along" reconciliation, as a result of all the big wars among the countries in Europe. There is this thinking now that, if the E.U. dissipates, then all the European countries are going to want to start wars with each other.

So, now, there is also this thinking that the E.U. might just want to economically punish the U.K. (which unfortunately POTUS Obama and Hillary said they may support this type of punishment), which may result in a war between the U.K. and the E.U. ... and since USA and the U.K. are probably the strongest alliance in this world (we're basically siblings) and siblings look out for each other, then ya can figure what happens next if E.U. decides to economically punish the U.K.

I think a slight, bit, tremendously radical to think "This Means War". ;)

...but I think that is where your husband is coming from...
thank you for the info

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm more inclined to support my country doing business with the UK instead of the EU.
I think that the EU is eventually going to be dragged down to the lowest common denominator, Greece, who cooked the books in order to be included in the EU.
With the Brexit vote, at least it's the brits determining the decisions, not some bureaucrat in Brussels.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
With the Brexit vote, at least it's the brits determining the decisions, not some bureaucrat in Brussels.

Exactly.... and that is called LIBERTY ...

EU hates their citizen's having liberty... hate it so much that they do not even want you to use a high powered vacuum so to get a cleaning job done faster, so an employer can do a better job in a smaller amount of time...

From listening to people that have traveled the EU... There are far fewer restaurants, entertainment, recreation, less ability to buy the more worthless, enjoyable things that add to our luxury and that adds to the economy...

Sad enough... EU would never call islamic terrorism as "evil", but they would call consumerism "evil"... Quite an unnecessary evil like a luxury for us to want to eat fantastically prepared, healthy food in a nice restaurant, in a different restaurant, every day if I had the means to do so...

Prager travels all throughout Europe and elsewhere... He talks about, in Germany, If you go to a restaurant to customize your food order, as is done and allowed in many restaurants in the USA, then they will actually get mad at you for simply asking...

USA loves Liberty so much that there are far more "mainstream" partisan News sources here in the USA compared to the EU...

Simply look at the variety of coffee people can order in the USA versus the EU...

In the USA.... You can buy whatever type of vacuum cleaner you damn well want to buy... but can NOT do this in the EU....

This is because USA loves Liberty....

People need to remember this... for this 4th of July in the USA...

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I only hope for the best and Godspeed for UK... now they can govern as their country desires...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Meh, this is about Britain and your relationship economically with the world. I, nor anyone outside Britain or your territories should be poking our noses into it. I doubt any of us here are trully qualified to comment at all except to deliver an opinion that may or may not, depending on how you choose to receive it, have any value at all. I wish all you Brits luck, and I hope it works out well in the end.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
@KC Crook , people do want to talk to each other...

...but tough to talk to people that quickly dismiss you as SIXHERB ... "“Sexist, Intolerant, Xenophobic, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Racist, Bigoted.”.. oh... and the new one... Old White Men... I just wonder which side predominately use these "trigger warnings"...

Just look at the Brexit vote... a major tag line of the "stay" crowd was... "Don't let other people think you MIGHT be a racist and xenophobic. Do not vote to leave the EU."

... that is what is sad...

Can't talk to people that think you do not have a decent bone in your body for disagreeing with them on politics...

If the Left wants to talk... then they need to stop throwing grenades at those whom are trying to talk with them...
Btw, you are the one that has majority made right wing arguements time after time over this entire thread then critisize and get indignant when you sense racism or a particular demographic being called out over this vote and the need to defend it. If anyone questions, you seem to be hostile. Bet you are voting for Trump too. YES! I went there.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Btw, you are the one that has majority made right wing arguements time after time over this entire thread then critisize and get indignant when you sense racism or a particular demographic being called out over this vote and the need to defend it. If anyone questions, you seem to be hostile. Bet you are voting for Trump too. YES! I went there.

Everyone should be indignant with how the word racism has been incredibly trivialized.

Hope this post also doesn't come across hostile. ;) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question