morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The UK is bailing on the EU and the pound is taking a pounding.

Barclay's PLC is down 20%, as is Lloyds.

The EU just shrank by 17%, population and economic output, increasing the onus on Germany and France to make up for the shortfalls of Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain (known collectively as the "PIGS).

S&P futures indicate a massive drop on open, gold and silver being the big winners. The Fed will now have their hands tied on interest rate policy, meaning that that retired still won't have a chance of living off their savings by relying on interest.

Money will continue to be free. Let's fund all the dreamers and make their dreams come true.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just hang on, nothing we can do but wait it out. Being retired, yeah hate to see the stock market dive down............Luckily most of our funds are in "safer" funds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The markets will level off. This turmoil is due to the shock of it all, not permanent.

Congratulations to a free independent UK! I beleive you will be stronger financially in the long run. It's just tough to rip that band aide off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I voted out, time to take control back of our country

We have a flag pole and my husband collects flags and likes to fly specific flags on specific occasions.

This was the flag raised this morning at our house.
13516538_629450907204730_2707215890596574717_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
I'm very Worried, I'm Worried for my Children's Children. People in the UK have been frightened by scaremongering tactics poisoning the minds of the weak and Un-Educated and worse of all is the UK is RACIST.

We should have stayed IN...

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I was surprised by how much the polls were skewed, portraying significant support for the "stay in" positioning.

Right now seems market uncertainty is driving the fear mongering... which is understandable...

Now there is talk of France, Sweden, and Netherlands seriously looking at doing their own referendum, the same that UK did... E.U. doing their crazy immigration and regulatory policies and having the more prosperous countries support countries like Spain and Greece, etc... Future of the E.U. does not look bright.

I would give the "stay in" stance more credence if the decision of UK keeping their Pound (rather than adopting the Euro) as their currency did not work out so incredibly well for the UK...

My condolences for folk whom currently have non-liquid investments going through this roller coaster.

For others looking for opportunity to make some money, this is an interesting time to possibly start consider investing in the U.K in a month or so.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
What really surprised me... Prime Minister Cameron was so quick to resign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question