buzzzzzzzzzz new adventure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Isn't it crazy? I bought some new soaker hose on sale today from Gardeners Supply - the shipping was as much as the hose.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Isn't it crazy? I bought some new soaker hose on sale today from Gardeners Supply - the shipping was as much as the hose.
Used to be able to ship using your own box cheaper, not any more.

I use the priority box a lot, that way no weight involved.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
May I ask what is creamed honey? Congrats on all those blue ribbons!
Sure.

It is called honey spread, creamed honey, finally granulated honey.

What we do it take honey crystals, grind them real fine like silk, stir them into extracted honey, i.e. liquid honey. We then let sit over night to remove any air bubbles, (they rise) then jar it. One messy process I get honey everywhere.

After jarring it, we refrigerate it at 55 degrees +/- for 5 weeks. After it has firmed up the color is lighter, the taste slightly different, the texture is like silk. At the end it is like a spread, we have people that eat it out of the jar like a treat at night others use it on ice cream, others biscuits.

Some days we sale more of it then extracted honey, i.e. liquid honey. Usually if someone tastes it they buy it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
IT IS DELICIOUS! Like @addy1 said - a spoonful right out of the jar is better than any candy!

When my kitchen remodel is done, I'll be back for more! Right now I can't even find a spoon... haha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sure.

It is called honey spread, creamed honey, finally granulated honey.

What we do it take honey crystals, grind them real fine like silk, stir them into extracted honey, i.e. liquid honey. We then let sit over night to remove any air bubbles, (they rise) then jar it. One messy process I get honey everywhere.

After jarring it, we refrigerate it at 55 degrees +/- for 5 weeks. After it has firmed up the color is lighter, the taste slightly different, the texture is like silk. At the end it is like a spread, we have people that eat it out of the jar like a treat at night others use it on ice cream, others biscuits.

Some days we sale more of it then extracted honey, i.e. liquid honey. Usually if someone tastes it they buy it.
Thanks it nighttime and now I'm here thinking of ice cream but I don't have any.:unsure:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's absolutely divine......I skip to my toaster in the morning now !!!
Glad to hear! We have many that say they keep it in the fridge, eat a spoon full for a candy fix.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Addy. I don't know where I have been, but I have recently started reading this thread from the beginning... I knew you were doing beekeeping, but didn't realize how much detail you gave about everything. it's been a fascinating read. Well I'm not quite ready to start beekeeping myself yet, but have been discussing with my wife the merits of your honey. I would love to get either the creamed honey or regular one from you. We have a holiday coming up soon where honey is a key element so the timing would be perfect to get it by the end of the month so we can share it with our family. Thanks! Keith

Ask a Question