Can I move my Koi to my Pool?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I let my pond go to see how low it would get, it has about a foot of water! Nothing like having a hole in the bottom. The fish are all very happy swimming around in my pool, I think the husband is getting worried about it though. im in the thinking stage of my next pond rebuild. I was in a hurry the first time & this time I want to research a little better. I am very grateful for all of your help. I believe you can always learn something!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Now just change the filter system in the pool and never send them back:)
If you have sand filters servicing the pool they might be convertible to pressure filters depending on their construction. Our club members have done this and remove the sand replacing it with bead media. The pump might not be the best because these are typically high pressure meant to drive water through sand. A sand filter will clog quickly due to the waste load if used to filter koi water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Almost 5 months after putting my koi into the pool, they are still there. I have bought the new liner & decided on a location. I would have loved to have my koi in their new home by now but Im not rushing this time! koi are still very happy and that's all that matters. I have been thinking about the filter system & have been been thinking about doing a bog.

Ask a Question