Cas... photos as requested.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is a bit confusing at this time of year with the thick foliage and hard to take photos. But basically...
The bottom (wildlife) pond pumps water up to the large ornamental (fish) pond. It then runs into the small but very deep (wildlife) pond. From there it runs down a waterfall back into the bottom pond with the pump.
20190710_095210.jpg
20190710_092758.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice! You have so many nice plants on your property! Looks like you have an aviary back there too.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice! You have so many nice plants on your property! Looks like you have an aviary back there too.
Thank you j.w. Well spotted, only a pair of Rosa Bourkes in there now. Used to keep canaries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Thank you j.w. Well spotted, only a pair of Rosa Bourkes in there now. Used to keep canaries.
I've been looking into building a small flight aviary for m Blue Crown Conure. He loves being out side and actually will watches the fish in my pond. Did you build yours, what materials did you use (wire,wood..). Do your fids chew on the wood or wire? Is this just an exercise fun in the sun kinda aviary or full time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Ramoth. That one is a full time aviary unless weather is extreme (was originally for canaries). The frame is cut down scaffolding boards. The mesh is 1/4 x 1/4" weld mesh. Do not whatever you do get any bigger holes. I found in a prior aviary young mice could get through the 1/2 x 1/4".
I've another temp aviary I use for an African grey in daytime only in good weather which might be easier for you. It's an aluminium framed greenhouse. All glass removed and heavy duty weld mesh covered. Glass added under mesh to only a portion of it for shelter should she need it. It's ideal. Wood framed she would chew through. And you can easily attach perches and swings to the mesh. I'll nip out and get a photo.x.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Hello Ramoth. That one is a full time aviary unless weather is extreme (was originally for canaries). The frame is cut down scaffolding boards. The mesh is 1/4 x 1/4" weld mesh. Do not whatever you do get any bigger holes. I found in a prior aviary young mice could get through the 1/2 x 1/4".
I've another temp aviary I use for an African grey in daytime only in good weather which might be easier for you. It's an aluminium framed greenhouse. All glass removed and heavy duty weld mesh covered. Glass added under mesh to only a portion of it for shelter should she need it. It's ideal. Wood framed she would chew through. And you can easily attach perches and swings to the mesh. I'll nip out and get a photo.x.
I've thought about the greenhouse idea as well. We have a steel frame gazebo with a canvas top. I thought about screening in. I would need to modify the top so He couldn't up to high to reach. But I think it's doable! I could be in the aviary\screen house and we would both be able to enjoy the out side. I also have basic plans for a pvc aviary I've considered. You said you used welded wire, did you season the wire or is it a no-zinc? Hope you can get the picture to upload!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea about the greenhouse mesh...it was given to me :unsure:
I've a bistro table and chairs in the greenhouse, we eat alfresco together :giggle:
Photos still wont load.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you getting any kind of error message @Von Trap ? I was having trouble with photos from my iPhone - they apparently changed the photo format at some point and the forum wouldn't recognize them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you getting any kind of error message @Von Trap ? I was having trouble with photos from my iPhone - they apparently changed the photo format at some point and the forum wouldn't recognize them.
No. It loads the photo code stuff (I don't know the correct term for it) then it goes grey with a line through the uploaded photo code.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No. It loads the photo code stuff (I don't know the correct term for it) then it goes grey with a line through the uploaded photo code.

If you drop me a private message (just click my username and then "start conversation"), we'll see if we can get this working :). What would really help is if you can attach a screenshot of what you see when the problem happens, and which device and browser you are using (i.e. Windows PC with Google Chrome, or iPad with Safari).

Ask a Question