Central Wyoming

Reaction score
We live in Central Wyo. and this is our first pond, I am looking for some help in doing it right.I have raised a lot cattle, sheep and horses. But I am a real green horn when it comes to keeping fish.When I said this was our first pond that is not quite true,we were given a small preformed pond and pump as well as a small bio filter,dug it in and built a waterfall,loved it! I knew we would have to go all in on the pond idea. So last fall after draining pond for winter,I started digging our new pond,spent the winter trying to get educated.Turns out digging is the easy part,but am looking forward to spring and completing our new pond.Also I was very glad to have found your forum it has already proven to be a great source of information, when I contacted the company that had produced a set of online videos on pond construction with a yes or no question I was told that since had not purchased my equipment from them it would cost 250.00 to get an answer, that did not set well with me,so I went looking for those who were in it for the joy of having a little bit of nature in their back yard and not making money. That's when I found garden pond forum,and happy that did. Already I have seen the passion your members have for their ponds and has inspired me. So we now have a 12x8x3,5 hole, a roll of under layment, a liner, a combo of a Atlantic PS4000 skimmer and a BF 1250 filter fall. Will be getting started as soon as ground thaws. Many thanks for your help so far.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and we are free except we want in return pics of your blood sweat and tears .Without that we charge a nickle .I got my liner from dr foster and smith only place that shipped free and got my pump from webbs online a laguna pump ,I always use 2 pumps .I was looking to save electric and they were it uses 103 watts for a 2900 gph .So I feel so far I am ahead of the game .Lava rock filters also .I am rebuilding my pond after something put a hole in the liner

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
paddy

Yep we'd love to see how you build your pond and will help you all the way. Sounds like you have a good start already. Keep asking questions and show us pix of the sight where you are digging. I got my rubber liner from a roofing company and the 2nd larger one from and irrigation company, both nearby. Got my rocks from a concrete company for cheap and size I wanted by the truck load, hand picked.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
chalkboard.gif
To our group we will all help you out. Each pond is the same, a container of water, but different dependent on how you build it.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
$250 for an answer?

Hell, anyone on this site can do it for $199. LOL

Ask a Question