Cistern turned pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have been watching your progress on the pond showcase board. I love what you have done and how creative it is to take an old cistern and turn it into a pond. It is beautiful. Please continue to post pictures. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have big plans for the pond, hopefully this 90+ degree weather will break soon. I've really enjoyed your gallery as well pecan, your pond was part of my inspiration, it's absolutely gorgeous. I will keep updating as I make progress. I'm trying to rest the pond right now while the water clears up before I make any other major changes. I'm just glad my fish seem happy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well I got home from work today, and I can see the bottom of the pond! It's not crystal clear quite yet, but much clearer. Looks like I'm almost cycled! Lots of bacteria in the filter as well, it's looking good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A few more shots now that the pond has cycled and the water is clear
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3350]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3349]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3348]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3347]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3346]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the use of the ladder .new meaning fine filter ladder .Ladder waterfall next :cheerful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey your ladder ideas works and thank you for it and going to use it over and over again .

Reaction score
Great sized pond guitarman023! Just by looking at those very last pictures, i can tell this is for Koi's :) am i right?

Firestone PondGard isn't expensive at all. You just have to find the right guys who sell it at cheap prices!

aqualinersdirect sell Firestone Pond Liner in the UK sell it at really afforable prices.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
PondLinerExpert said:
Great sized pond guitarman023! Just by looking at those very last pictures, i can tell this is for Koi's :) am i right?
Thank you! And yes there are currently three koi in the pond about a foot long each. I'll probably add 3 more next spring.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember they do have babies and you will need friends to pawn them off on ,ooops mean gift them too . :cheerful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I've been following this thread with interest from its onset, well done you have made a very nice pond out of the cistern,
Do you know however what the total amount of water is in the pond ?
This has to be worked out should you get problems with your fish your going to have to know its exact gallonage so as not to overdose them which can cause major problems and even fatalities .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question