Clean The Pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
How big is your pond?

I just slowly scoop the bottom with a pool net on a telescopic pole. The pole is pretty long, maybe 15 feet long. If you pond is too big to reach the middle, could you get in the water and use a net? Maybe with a pair of waders?

They do make pond vacuums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Is it a bare liner pond? Pond vac is the typical solution.
Good question.

Give us some more info on your pond.
How deep?
How wide?
How long?
How many gallons?
Does it have a liner? If so, is there gravel or other stones covering the liner?
How big are your fish?

As I stated, I use a pool leaf net and it works very well. I scoop the bottom very slowly and since the net has a pretty tight weave, it picks up tons of muck and debris. I just did my Spring cleaning and netted a bunch of junk out. I do on occasion net a fish or frog, but I'm careful with the whole process and quickly return them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Good question.

Give us some more info on your pond.
How deep?
How wide?
How long?
How many gallons?
Does it have a liner? If so, is there gravel or other stones covering the liner?
How big are your fish?

As I stated, I use a pool leaf net and it works very well. I scoop the bottom very slowly and since the net has a pretty tight weave, it picks up tons of muck and debris. I just did my Spring cleaning and netted a bunch of junk out. I do on occasion net a fish or frog, but I'm careful with the whole process and quickly return them.
Similar here. I have a planted bottom with gravel so a few weeks ago I just carefully shuffled a pool skimmer net through the vallisneria to prevent completely uprooting it. It will kind of start to float up just with creating a little back and forth current with the net, you don't have to scrub it.

Ask a Question