Close to giving up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
It’s now been about 2 months I’ve been dealing with trying to find my leak! I thought I had it narrowed down to the bog so I dug all the pea gravel out, let the water level settle and searched and searched but couldn’t find any tears rips or holes. I finally decided to just put a new piece of liner down over the old just to cover the problem no matter where it was. It seemed to be holding so I refilled the gravel (after adding an upflow system, rebuilt the waterfall (new design) and started everything up. Seemed good for a couple of weeks and then I turned off the waterfall to dry it out and do some foaming to direct the water (that’s a whole other story!) anyway I woke up this morning and the pond is down below the skimmer level! Skimmer/waterfall pump wasn’t even on. The only thing running was the bog. I turned off the bog and pulled that pump up so as to not have any back flow and the bog level (which is usually about half an inch above gravel in some spots when pump is running) has gone down to pretty much the gravel line. Just waiting to see if the main pond keeps losing water. given what I’ve said would you expect the bog water level to drop to the gravel level even with the pump out of the water and sitting above the bog level.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Well still couldn’t find the leak but I’ve managed to beat it. Only running bog pump for an hour or two at a time a few times a day. Haven’t had to add water fire 3 days now.

Ask a Question