j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know how this lady felt. I had one of these happen to me a year or so ago. My DH freaked out and thought it was a stroke and took me to the ER. After having all the tests they couldn't find anything wrong. Then a few days later I went to my GP and he told me it was prolly a migraine. I guess this happens now and then to certain people. It also feels like your brain gets stuck and can't move on to give an answer to an easy question. My DH asked me a question about the tv show All in the Family and all I could focus on was the words in my head, All in the family. I couldn't get past that. Then the gibberish started and he really freaked. I could hear myself saying it but couldn't fix it. I did not want to go to the ER but felt I should when that gibberish language started. I was not scared and found it quite amusing and interesting. DH did not to say the least!

http://www.aolhealth.com/2011/02/18/cbs-anchor-serene-branson-complex-migraine/

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Lets hope that was a fluke and never happens to you again. We need you here with a clear mind. Your Hubby was right in taking no chances on the stroke. A few minutes can make all the difference to prevent a lifetime of misery.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I suppose it was a good thing to go get checked out and I'm glad it turned out to be just a migraine. As for being here w/ a clear mind..................well I might not be able to live up to your expectations DrDave on that one. I am kind of a nut at times but that's the way I fell outta the tree of life onto this planet so what ya see is what ya gets my friend
rolleyes123.gif

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I feel the forum can still put up with ya , Really Glad to know your OK

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing jw, you rumble well! The mind is so complex and it is scary when it does something strange.

They dug in my brain years ago, now I use that as an excuse when peeps think I am crazy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now that would be scary to have your brain dug into. I'm glad things went well for you.
You seem like you have all your senses so I guess they left you enough to manage with but took away just enough to make you an interesting character :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Now that would be scary to have your brain dug into. I'm glad things went well for you.
You seem like you have all your senses so I guess they left you enough to manage with but took away just enough to make you an interesting character :lol:

I told friends before surgery, 40, part polish and look what they have to do to me..........dig in my brain lmao!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
DrDave said:
Mark Twain once said "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
hehe

my motto is I never had it therefore I'll never miss it!!:lol:

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
j.w said:
I know how this lady felt. I had one of these happen to me a year or so ago. My DH freaked out and thought it was a stroke and took me to the ER. After having all the tests they couldn't find anything wrong. Then a few days later I went to my GP and he told me it was prolly a migraine. I guess this happens now and then to certain people. It also feels like your brain gets stuck and can't move on to give an answer to an easy question. My DH asked me a question about the tv show All in the Family and all I could focus on was the words in my head, All in the family. I couldn't get past that. Then the gibberish started and he really freaked. I could hear myself saying it but couldn't fix it. I did not want to go to the ER but felt I should when that gibberish language started. I was not scared and found it quite amusing and interesting. DH did not to say the least!

A brain's stuck...it won't function... it's a scary & crazy feeling.

My brain got stuck recently circa 1am when I woke up in the middle of a dream. I attempted to unstuck my brain by asking it to recite "Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name...", but my brain forgot the wordings. Then I asked my brain to sing "Amazing Grace". Bang! My brain got unstuck as it sang "Amazing Grace". After the "cure" by the Grace, I went back to sleep like a baby. I kid you not.

Amazing Grace
[ame]

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very interesting. I do love that song and that version was very well sung. I will have to remember that if my brain ever gets stuck again :regular_waving_emot

Ask a Question