Did anyone use brushwood to hide pond edges?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used Boulders, tree stumps, Moss , Tree Limbs, Non woven fabric, Plants , WHAT EVER works for your design just beware many items even rock and rubber can wick water up and out of the pond.

Olenka

Life is beautiful! Enjoy every moment
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have used Boulders, tree stumps, Moss , Tree Limbs, Non woven fabric, Plants , WHAT EVER works for your design just beware many items even rock and rubber can wick water up and out of the pond.
WOW
That was such a production!
My pond is 20 times smaller.
I was going to put brushwood around the whole thing. My major concern is water chemistry. The wood will be rotting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have stumps sitting in my pond but like you said it's not the average. The biggest concern is wood will wick water up out of the pond as well. As leach into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'd be worried about that stuff staying in place and also breaking down, affecting water quality. It looks like it will break down pretty quickly too.

I created a shallow shelf to stack rocks on. The water only covers half of the rocks so it gives a natural edge.
This can be done by lifting the liner edge and forming a shallow shelf out of soil. If need be you can temporarily wedge something between the liner and the ground to give you room to work or you can lower the water level.

If you don't have rocks available, use patio blocks.

Which ever you use, rocks or blocks, or something else, lay the first course then lay a second course stepped back toward the ground. Stack them like a brick wall pattern. The second row on the seam of the first row.

Olenka

Life is beautiful! Enjoy every moment
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'd be worried about that stuff staying in place and also breaking down, affecting water quality. It looks like it will break down pretty quickly too.

I created a shallow shelf to stack rocks on. The water only covers half of the rocks so it gives a natural edge.
This can be done by lifting the liner edge and forming a shallow shelf out of soil. If need be you can temporarily wedge something between the liner and the ground to give you room to work or you can lower the water level.

If you don't have rocks available, use patio blocks.

Which ever you use, rocks or blocks, or something else, lay the first course then lay a second course stepped back toward the ground. Stack them like a brick wall pattern. The second row on the seam of the first row.
Agree - brushwood will decompose pretty quick. I am thinking about that stone-looking coverup:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Agree - brushwood will decompose pretty quick. I am thinking about that stone-looking coverup:
Yes, rock on a roll would be another option.

Ask a Question