diy pond skimmer

Reaction score
Nice work, Waterbug!

I clicked on the links in the box to the upper, left corner and read all of your comments and tips and stuff. Good stuff! :)

I always like to read straight up, direct comments and information like this.

Gordy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Long time no see old marine and hi Mr buttons .I have never see a use in my pond for a skimmer since I get nothing that floats but my neighbor ad one we took out because it was sucking in all the tadpoles and baby fish .She only put it in because she head you were supposed to have one ,but since she does not get any floating stuff either why put up with the mess she was pulling out .I think her pump was just to strong also as it just sucked in anything that got close .

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
I made this to waterbug design from timber and lined it , made pull out tray with sieve to catch muck.
Pump 1400gph
will slightly change to to suit new pond
will down load once i have been to you tube

Reaction score
I was a little disoriented at first, then realized the video is kind of 90 degrees counter clockwise. You're still going to line the channel between the skimmer and mesh? Or is this a prototype?

If the bottom of that channel between the skimmer and mesh was screen instead of solid wood, with a solid channel beneath going to the pump chamber you would have more of a sieve type filter. Right now it looks more like what the mesh catches would stay in the water flow.

Hopefully the pump basin will hold enough water until water gets through the cycle and back to the skimmer. When you test if the pump does run dry you can add water with a hose until the flow circuit is full. Just in case.

You have the right idea...these things always require tweaks.

Ask a Question