diy using the foam sealant beyond sealing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ok so I'm not sure if I read it right or not but I think I came across someone using the foam to make weirs in a thread and than another thread where someone recommended using it to seal something and placing rocks into it before it sets up.
My question has to do with fish tunnels. I know the sealant will stick to most things so I'm wondering if I had a mold and put the foam around it to make the tunnel than used either pea or small river rocks to dress it up a little, what I might end up with? Has anyone tried anything at all like this before? I had originally thought to use concrete. I am also thinking of experimenting with polymeric sand, we have bags of it left over from our patio projects and I was thinking of making a beach area right outside of my bog but have been trying to figure out what to use that wont just wash into the pond. Has anyone worked with that inside or outside their pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes its not even 7 and my brain is already hard at work on the pond loll. I need to get a hobby (oh that's right that's what this is) I'm not obsessed I swear!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used the foam to direct flow in a few of my flows out of the small ponds. After years of being in water it is still doing fine. Gets algae covering it. So it might work for what you want to do.

Ask a Question