Do Goldfish Play?

Reaction score
Ok... I thought it might have just been me... a few years back I had our first fish so use to the touch I started feeling guilty and stopped. She would come up to me and nibble my fingers, and rub up on my fingers. I could actually scoop her up in my hand (not leaving the water) and she would just slither off and come back for more.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my fantails do that to get a belly rub the swim into my hands in the water .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
sissy said:
we well send Haro out on a mission to check all that out ,government funded
No need, Sissy.... the work has already been done! At the moment, there is no pope, so the answer is NO, but usually it is YES. As for the bears, They do most of the time, but prefer the roadways, as there is no vegetation to tickle their delicate backsides. :nananananana: BTW, the bear thing WAS government-funded, as I was working for the Ontario Department of Lands and Forests at the time.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
see no matter where you live they have to do studies on the stupidest things .Like here they wasted money on counting red foxes ,geeze i could have told them LOTS OF THEM I'm smart :razz: and don't need no dang diploma to tell me that .I'm hillbilly smart ,got the brains of a turnip :LOL: :lamp5:

Reaction score
It's funny how I used to sit and watch my turtles (who don't seem to do much playing, just alot of begging). And know I sit and watch the fish, who make me laugh cuz I think they are playing. But, when I try to hide, so they can't see me watching them, they always know where I am and do nothing but sit still for quite awhile. Slowly they start doing their fishy busy stuff...as long as I sit still. But, trying to find a place to hide so I can watch the turtles is not possible...they always know when I'm around and are much more interested in watching me than I am them. Even when I put them outside in the yard they want to know where I'm going. And, the reason why? Because they are pigs in a shell! All they want, care and think about is me...the food provider! There is not an ounce of fear in them, when it comes to me. I'm their belly scratcher, meal provider, fresh water changer and now...the great Paradise Pond building buddy! Pig Pals. :banana: :boldblue: :fish2: :heartpump: :0000000057:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I know what you mean sissy , here at the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth two years ago they Spent £45,000 on do fish have a memory, by training a blue Wrass to come to the side of its tank when they tapped on the side of the tank to see if it would remember the signal when they called it, god what a waste of cash.
We could have told them a hell of alot more what fish do for the price of a Starbucks coffee and muffin or in we Brits case a cup of extra strong tea and a hobnob bisquit.
Waste of money or what

rgds

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
next they will try to prove pigs can fly so don't look up ,piggy poop in the eye .Ok Dave now you have to show us dummies what a hobnob bisquit is .We here have a croissant or at least thats what I like with a good strong cup of tea and honey on the croissant ,no butter just good old fashioned bee pee as they call it here in VA :razz:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hate to burst your bubble, Sissy, but croissants are French, not British. BTW, I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was paid to study bear pooping habits. I was actually planting and pruning reforested areas at the time, but bears are everywhere in northern Ontario's Chapleau Game Preserve.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know they are french but love them with tea .I have a friend Monique and she makes home made ones and she is very french .Her family still lives there and I flew over 1 time with her and that I have to say is the way to see the real France ,the country side folk there are the best .Goats cows and whatever else running in the yard wine from there vineyards and fresh goat cheese .I believe you haro but think you might have been looking for the bear poo here they just cut down trees and let all the garbage lay on the ground .The 3 countries I would love to visit again Germany ,France and Puerto Rico as I have friends who live there and much better way to see a country when you visit and people live there and know how to show you the real country ,not the touristy country .What they do here Haro when they cut down trees and this is actually cleaned up.They were supposed to cut down the trees on the other guys land and well they decided to take some of mine and they were all clearly marked too .

Attachments

• house 2011 spring 010.JPG
    house 2011 spring 010.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 270
  • house 2011 spring 014.JPG
    house 2011 spring 014.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 244
  • house 2011 spring 013.JPG
    house 2011 spring 013.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 224

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
His land stopped at the ditch and i was not home and came home just as they were at the third pic an coming farther onto my property

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
sissy said:
next they will try to prove pigs can fly so don't look up ,piggy poop in the eye .Ok Dave now you have to show us dummies what a hobnob bisquit is .We here have a croissant or at least thats what I like with a good strong cup of tea and honey on the croissant ,no butter just good old fashioned bee pee as they call it here in VA :razz:
I'll get back to you on that one once I've been to the store to get a packet not sure what they are made of :moped: :LOL:

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Sissy, I don't know why, but I clicked 'like' on this reply you made. But it shows on my computer that I 'unliked' it. the truth is I love that aggie and bert are learning to kiss people. :heartpump: That's just so cute.
sissy said:
gosh I pet mine like they are dogs and even rub there belly's .All aggie and bert have to do is hear my voice or see me .They started to learn last summer to kiss people .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep there is a bug in the Like button but think it is still sending the likes cuz I am still getting them showing up in my notifications box way up top there. The unlike shows up cuz you can click unlike if you change your mind on liking it. Try it you'll LIKE it
giggle.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well we are all unliked then .I hope maybe it is something I can try out dave sounds interesting for a hot cup of tea

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I got a notice that j.w. "liked" one of my posts on this thread, but no "likes" show up here. :dunno:
John

Ask a Question