Best Goldfish Food

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I only have goldfish and i am feeding this.They are too small to feed the the large floating food.
Just would like to know if i should be feeding them something better.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20181231_103833.jpg
    20181231_103833.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 353
Reaction score
Country
United States
I only have goldfish and i am feeding this.They are too small to feed the the large floating food.
Thanks
This is an opinion type question. So here is mine: What you have is fine. I also feed Omega One slow sinking goldfish pellets and occasionally, Fluval Bug Bites and Chiclid Bio-Gold floating pellets. The last two are higher in protein than goldfish need but every now and then is fine. Also, I feed them live foods every now and then. But you will be fine if their primary foods are goldfish specific. Really, if you are feeding a variety of goldfish specific foods, the biggest factor is food freshness. I purchase the smallest quantities that can be used up in a couple of months. Keep it cool too. Small quantities cost more but are worth it. You can also freeze excess foods but I don't do that.
Stephen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks
I don't know the Tetra brand, but I used to feed my fish Wardley and I would not recommend it to those who like yourself are looking for a better brand
I had nothing against Wardley until out of curiosity I switched to Omega One,my fish loved it right away and within about two weeks I started noticing color pigments coming back in some fish that had lost it.
Check out the ingredients, it's over all a better food

Reaction score
Country
United States
Omega One is a better quality food than the Tetra or Wardley brands.

NLS (new life spectrum) is also one of the better quality foods.

As stated above, freshness and variety are going to be the best bet for feeding your goldfish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I know this post is a little old, but it's been pretty busy so I'm playing catch up... I also recommend Omega One pellets for goldfish, especially pond fish. The fish love them and they're colors have been so bright and vibrant since I've been using it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
As I have yet to buy my goldfish or their food, this old post is golden. If there are any new words of wisdom on food for goldfish, please chime in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I use a variety of brands one of which is Omega One slow sinking. It is a good food. But, I purchase small quantities to keep it fresh. I know it costs more but it is worth it. Check the expiration date before purchase and look for say, two years of freshness. Then I take an indelible marker and actually write the date the container is opened. If not used in about six months toss it into a compost pile. As your pond matures you will actually need less and less prepared foods for goldfish. They find all sorts of fresh food in the pond.

Ask a Question