do you know

Reaction score
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS …? OR WHERE IT IS …?

iraq.jpg

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace, now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped home and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad.

Kalat was so grateful for America's liberation of his country; he melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.

Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news? The media avoids it because it does not have shock effect. But we can do something about it.

We can pass this along to as many people as we can in honor of all our brave military who are making a difference.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
For those of us who proudly served during wartime, I salute the Iraqi artist that made this and especially commend his choice of material.:bowdown:
I only hope that a similar one is made to stay there permanently (like in a museum) so future generations of these people will learn a little more of what we did for them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very good indeed and I commend him for doing this to show all who visit the spot what is sacrificed during those times over there.
Shame on the news media for their shallow minds :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads