Does an areation kit really make a noticeable difference?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hey DoDad, how is it that your aerators' tubing do not freeze and crack in the winter? I am on the East Coast of the USA. I'd love to run them all year round, but would the tubing not freeze and crack?

We run aerators all year round (Chicago area - definitely cold here!) and no, the tubes don't freeze. They are the rubber type tubing and are buried about 2 inches underground. But I don't think they would freeze anyway, since they are just running air through them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
I had the idea of putting insulation on the section of cord not in the water. It's that tubular insulation that you can cut and put on the water pipes in a house. I hope I'm clear on that. I am not sure that would stand up to ice and snow.

Would that work? Maybe I worry too much.

I saw Jaws the catfish this morning. Hooray!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm in southwest Oregon and we have no hard freezes. I don't think it would freeze anyway for all my air pipes are are buried under my pond along side my bottom drain pipes.

Ask a Question