Is it just me, or does this look like a fake photo to you?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just ran across this question.....and an accompanying link to a “blog.” This was the pic the person posted — I have combined the question and the photo. My very first impression when I looked at the picture was — there doesn’t look like there’s any water in that tank! I mean, there could be, but the person went into too much detail (in her explanation) about how much algae there was, etc.

9F7AC7B0-1C2C-42D1-92A9-83EED91AEDE3.jpeg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Interestingly, I went back to the “source,” and the moderators had edited the post — removed the picture and link to that blog page. Not sure if it violated a policy or if someone (not me) reported it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Or since it’s back is arched the same in both, its stiff dead. Rigormortis.

Based on the way it looks in that first photo, stiffness wouldn't cause it to hover like that, but it does look awfully clear for there to be water. Frankly, I'm not really sure what to think. Not really sure why someone would make it up. Strange.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Based on the way it looks in that first photo, stiffness wouldn't cause it to hover like that, but it does look awfully clear for there to be water. Frankly, I'm not really sure what to think. Not really sure why someone would make it up. Strange.
I don’t understand it, either. I don’t want to advertise the “site,” so won’t mention the name (I did in an earlier post, though). It’s supposed to be a legit place to go-to for answers and general info sharing, but I seriously doubt the validity of oh, 60% of the questions and suspect that there are A LOT of trolls and bots who post questions there!

When I hit a question like this I usually suggest that the OP find and join some online forums (like GPF) where there can be an actual exchange of information. The “question” asked was what you see. And this site isn’t a forum, so this question is open-ended, with no resolution — just people giving advice without information about the situation. To me, that’s the strange part — why people post such a vague question to a site where there is no give & take.

Ask a Question