Does Mosquito Bits/Dunks change water quality?

Donna Saverino MI

My first Grandchild
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
I do not have fish in my pond right now. I had an accident with them. Long story. I completely changed my water 3 months with fresh water. I only have a 62 gal pond

I had to inoculate my pond with "quick kill" Mosquito bits along with the dunks. I did NOT check my water quality before I did the first water test. When I did run tests my phosphate it was very high. The levels of the others, PH , ammonia, nitrite, were OK. Do you think it's from the Dunks? I have to get my water back in shape before I get new fish.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I use the dunks for a bit now. disclaimer i do not test my water i let the pond and fish tell me whats wrong.

I have never had a issue with the dunks and the only reason i use them is for my bog where i have standing moisture other then that i have enough moving water to prevent bug suckers to lay eggs

Donna Saverino MI

My first Grandchild
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Then wouldn't the other test (Nitrate, Ph, and Ammonia show something going on as well? Like I said there are no fish producing problems.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question