Dustboy's small pond build

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
you are on your way to having a great little pond
as far as the concrete patio, you could very easily and at not too much expense turn it into a wooden deck complete with rails or bench seating or any thing you can imagine. just build it right on top of the slab

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't know that I would put quilt batting around a pump it may pick up pieces and cause the pump to burn out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here are a few pics to show what I'm working with.

Here's an aerial (no drone, did it the old fashioned way and climbed up on the roof.):
aerial.jpg

Northeast, with doggo:
east.jpg

South. Thinking of taking out that oleander and running a stream from the fence?
south.jpg

West. The sliding door goes to our bedroom, which is why I put the pond here, so I can listen to the water trickling as I go to sleep. Yes, our house needs paint and what am I doing digging ponds...you sound like my mother in law.

I'm not crazy about the concrete slab that runs up to the pond, it is incorrectly graded and I hate concrete so it will eventually meet the jackhammer or I'll put a stone veneer over it. I'll run an electrical outlet for the pump under the slab soon.
west.jpg

haha, with the first pick I thought you had skateboard quarter pipe till I saw later pics
good luck

Ask a Question