water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is this the kind of stuff you are talking about addy
Yes I have a tube around at all times. For me it has worked great. Make sure what you are working on is dry. I have used and refilled pretty quickly and it has still held. But it will not hold if put on wet/damp Surface.
I used it to plug two holes I put in my 1000 gallon stock tank pond. I was using my tractor to move it and the points on the bucket went right through it. I put goop, a small piece of liner, more goop and refilled. This was around 6 plus years ago. Still holding.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh and WEAR throw away GLOVES that black is hard to get off your hands. Mineral spirits will help take it off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
addy use PL roofing goop
Sissy- I bought 12 tubes of the PL stuff but noticed the “not recommended “ section so I wanted to be sure I got the right stuff! Lol I attached a pic of what I bought. If it’s not right, do u have a pic of the stuff u recommend? Thx so much

Attachments

• AB1511A1-B485-45D5-8C97-D719C58A7F04.jpeg
    AB1511A1-B485-45D5-8C97-D719C58A7F04.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 106
  • FBE0F287-6DC8-457A-8DC1-A4986FEC6483.jpeg
    FBE0F287-6DC8-457A-8DC1-A4986FEC6483.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 108

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used the same tube as addy uses and hhave not had any problems with it and guessing addy and others on here that have used it have had no problems .It does not really come in contact with fisah if you overlap the liner as much as you should

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used the same tube as addy uses and hhave not had any problems with it and guessing addy and others on here that have used it have had no problems .It does not really come in contact with fisah if you overlap the liner as much as you should
Ok thx I just saw link from zinjy so I’m going to return what i got and get that stuff. Thanks y’all!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wanted to update y’all and thank each for your help! Still need to paint perimeter, (not sure color) , add some more rock and hide hose with plants but did all myself and feel proud!
Used the epdm liner and silicone sissy recommended .
If y’all want to weigh in on color to paint perimeter...please do!
image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like the natural look so if you need to paint, I would choose natural rock colors like what is in nature:

river-rocks.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks great! I would leave it natural also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would not even consider paint intime it is going to peal no question it will start pealing. NOW stain is another story but either way my aproach would be to just get it dirty rub some dirt onto it some moss and maybe even some grass or crepping jenny maybe use a blow torch to burn a little here o r there. you did a nice job avoiding it looking like a starnd of pearls painting it will not look natural

Ask a Question