fill and drain kits

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a venturi pump, the style used in waterbed kits, that has a garden hose thread at the spot where water leaves the pump when draining. i want to be able to hook up my Python cleaning kit outside without pouring water right under the water spicket.

Reaction score
I'm not clear on what you are trying to do. Do you mean of of those pythons that you use for aquariums inside the house?

Why don't you just run a hose out of the spigot so that it will spray wherever you want. You could probably rig something up with some flex hosing and a clamp around it to hold in place.

Reaction score
yes i am talking about that type of python. the bottom of the pump that attaches to spigot could be rigged, but that would be a very thick hose and expensive for a good amount of length. i was just wanting to know if there was that same type of pump with a garden hose attachment instead of what is on the bottom of the python pump.

Reaction score
i have a python for my aquariums. so your wanting to drain or clean your pond with it but don't want all the water it sucks out to puddle under your spigot? why not just use your pond pump to pump it out? or if you don't want to unhook everything get a smaller pump that u can use for just that reason.

Ask a Question