first pond cleaning

Reaction score
PondCleaning2.JPGPondCleaning6.JPGPondCleaning7.JPG

Well, it's been a year since I dug my pond and finally got off my butt to get the leaf debris out. Took me 3-4 hours and the shame of it is that I was racing the sunlight and could not really check-out the fish in the tubs meanwhile. Afterwards I was exhausted, and the next day my whole body hurt from my ankles up to my lower back and still hurt three days later. Wow, what a job, but worth it because now my water is clear again. I'm sure the Spring green will still get me, but at least I have a chance at keeping the algae under control. The great news is that my catfish survived the power failure - 5 still alive! And two bullfrogs. Had many other frogs a couple of weeks ago but they were either eaten or ran off. The last pic is how it looked half-drained. Ick! And notice how the water with the catfish looks? Had a horrible string algae problem that hydrogen peroxide did nothing for. I'm hoping it's because of the 15 pounds of leaf debris.

Attachments

• PondCleaning1.JPG
    PondCleaning1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 239

Ask a Question