water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
taherrmann4 said:
Mine has already started dieing off, only lasted one day?

I have some that last a day, most are from 2-3 days, the third day they seem wilty. Then they sink below water, I go wading and cut the blooms off. And get my legs fish nibbled.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy1 said:
I have some that last a day, most are from 2-3 days, the third day they seem wilty. Then they sink below water, I go wading and cut the blooms off. And get my legs fish nibbled.

Addy, don't cut the flowers that are dying off, This is where the new plants really take off from, once you get a cluster you'll get several blooming at the same time. Two to three days is about Max, first blooms 1-2 days is normal, the older the plants are the longer the flowers will stay around.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
Addy, don't cut the flowers that are dying off, This is where the new plants really take off from, once you get a cluster you'll get several blooming at the same time. Two to three days is about Max, first blooms 1-2 days is normal, the older the plants are the longer the flowers will stay around.

Really! wow didn't know that, I was told I should keep the dead blooms cut off.
Thanks fishin.

But do groom the leaves I would assume.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I was confused there too for a minute................thanks Malak for clearing that up :)
Maybe when we go off topic we could at least mention the exact item we are starting to talk about anyways :lol:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes but sometimes you have to go back to the very beginning to find that out cuz there are a lot of threads on this forum and some memories fade especially when one gets older and has senior moments :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha I was trying to think of that but guess I had one at that moment..........yes brain fart, brain fart, brain fart.............ok impressed into my memory banks :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing malak sometimes that does not work either cause the thread went a different direction

Ask a Question