First Pond Progress Thread

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah that would be painful
Turns out…that was actually the cause of the water loss. I was using my cheap cleanout pump to push more water through the wetland filter, with the hose of the pump draining into the snorkel of the wetland filter.

I just ran a test with a trash can. I turned on the pump to fill the trash can, then I unplugged it. Sure enough, the water syphoned out of the trash can and back into the main pond.

Wow, glad I figured that issue out.

Now for a proper leak test

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
MORE THAN LIKELY the well came before the foundation
The neighborhood says the well was an extra feature from the developer, about 40 houses in 1967: "free irrigation water, the well is conveniently located next to the outdoor electrical outlet." One house that still uses their well has red stain on everything from ground level to about 3-4 feet high from the water. Yum!
(Sorry to be off-topic on this thread!)

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are slowly making progress. Here is a shot after a few hours of work today:
7FDB9DCD-4916-4964-A830-33D4B818270C.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CRAZY IMPRESSIVE .... so many come to this site wondering how to set a preformed tub , and here you and your wife are knocking out a challenging build, and walking away with 10 fingers and ten toes..

My hat to you both it looks fantastic .

Very jealous of your choice of plants. I could never choose those around the pond not without pulling them in every year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
CRAZY IMPRESSIVE .... so many come to this site wondering how to set a preformed tub , and here you and your wife are knocking out a challenging build, and walking away with 10 fingers and ten toes..

My hat to you both it looks fantastic .

Very jealous of your choice of plants. I could never choose those around the pond not without pulling them in every year.
That means a lot coming from you! Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
No progress to show but I figured I’d upload a video. Eventually we will have a waterfall on both sides, so the water won’t be such a torrent.

Actually that’s another interesting thing I’ve noticed, all the different sounds that can be made based on flow, width, depth, height, etc.

Anyway here is a video from this morning:

Ask a Question