fish food

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for all your good information about feeding my fish. I think maybe I was over feeding and I may cut back a bit. I hope I am not putting them on a diet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Skip multiple days of feeding if the pond is not cycled. You can potentially kill them with ammonia i would even suggest frequent water changes if the pond is not cycled. It's hard to hold off till the pond cycles and can tolerate food. The answer depends on whether you got plants and a bog or a filter in general.

Whats the volume of the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Feeding seems to be more about pleasing the owner, than the fish. I skipped feeding for the entirety of 2020 - fish did just fine. But they rarely showed me any interest when I was near. This year I went back to morning and evening light feedings and they swarm the edge of the pond when I approach like it's the ice cream truck. Even my little dog stands at my feet to eat any pellets I inadvertently drop on the ground...

Ask a Question