Fish identification

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Hello everybody again!
This time for identification of the fish of the pictures. It is only one, adopted of the fish pet shop when I bought my shubunkin. The owner told me somebody had brought it back because of its agressivity to all others in the tank, the former owner told him it was maybe because the size of the tank became too small for it. Well I thought there is plenty of space in my pond and I could rescue it from sacrifice.
At the beginning it was kind of territorial to the shubbies, but now the subbies have doubled their size (in only 5 months!!) and are pals with it.
It maybe obvious, but I am totally new with fish. It is aprox 6 inch and apparently close to its full size because it is almost the same size the last 5 months.
Thanks as always

Attachments

• shubunkin_35.JPG
    shubunkin_35.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 18
  • shubunkin_36.JPG
    shubunkin_36.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 17
  • shubunkin_37.JPG
    shubunkin_37.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 19

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Looks like a red and white goldfish, that color pattern is also sometimes known as a Sarasa comet since it usually has the longer tail.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He/she is very pretty, love the patterns and long flowing tail!
Glad to hear they are all getting along fine and it has it's forever home in your pond :happy:

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Looks like a red and white goldfish, that color pattern is also sometimes known as a Sarasa comet since it usually has the longer tail.
Thanks for your comment!
I have the impresion that the red color is slowly receding, will see how it changes in time :)
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Peru
He/she is very pretty, love the patterns and long flowing tail!
Glad to hear they are all getting along fine and it has it's forever home in your pond :happy:
Well, he (the pet shop owner said it is a male) looks very happy, swimming aroud and courting a female shubby 👍 in spite of a jealous shubby. No ending pond fun!
Thanks for your kind comment

Ask a Question