Fishes keep dying in my pond

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I bought a cement water lily pond for the sake of keeping fishes in them maybe before 4 months. I started to add fishes after filling the cement pond with water, and adding the fish after 1-2 hours.. The fishes were doing fine until I decided to water change, 4 of my fishes died. Then after a month when I did another water change 2 of them died again. After a while when I decided not to water change almost everyday I could see a dead fish by the morning. Due to that reason I took all the fishes which remained out of the pond and kept the fishes for around 8 hours resulting in the death of 6 more fishes.. once i had only 6 fish left I decided not to bother and give them to someone else...

After a while I bought water lily and kept in the pond. And kept it so for atleast 2-4 weeks. And before doing a water change and adding new fishes but this time it was Koi fishes and gold fishes, the kois do fine but the gold fish died..

Any one has any idea what could be happening? It’s heartbreaking to see fishes die...

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Need more info specific to your pond for everyone here to help you. test your water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, with a liquid test kit(api). Then post numbers.

Also what if any, filter are you running. How often is the pump turning over pond volume?

What is the volume of your pond? Did you treat you water for chlorine during water changes? Do you know what is in your source water? If not water changes with not so great source water can be counter productive.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Ni.s! Is the cement over coated with protective sealer or bare cement?
Again, welcome to the forum,
Stephen

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Ni.s

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the loss of your fish. More information, as mentioned above, will help. We're glad to have you join us, even if for a sad reason.

Ask a Question