Florida...some pics and updating.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our nephew says stay as long as we want he is enjoying the house, tv, hot tub, free food, left the house stocked, free electricity.

Smart boy!

You have boundless energy @addy1 - I get tired just thinking about all that work! Although it's more mental than physical. I can work a long day - it's just all the decisions and choices that wear me out!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it's just all the decisions and choices that wear me out!
I do most of the planning lay out, honey is a good at destruction..........he comes up with good thoughts then we talk them out. Most of the trim, layout, function is on me. I really enjoy it.

Now sometimes after you install it is a opppppps, like the corner cabinet doors hit the led light fixture in the ceiling.
The bath cabinet door hits the gfi. The panty cabinet door hits the drop down AC vent, for some reason they have it in a box a foot below the ceiling. Then back in honey's court, move the electrical, rebuild the AC box. I tore that one apart!

Always something that is a oops.
cab.JPG
cab1.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm amazed at how much work you get done with the pain in your hands. (y)
Don't cause any damage. (to your hands)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm amazed at how much work you get done with the pain in your hands. (y)
Don't cause any damage. (to your hands)

Thanks @MitchM do my best not to.
I can't stand just sitting around, and hands are a real part of getting things done.

It is weird, holding the phone, typing on it, reading a book, i.e. holding them hurts like unreal. I support the phone or books on a pillow, blanket etc. Very little typing on a phone or tablet. I use a lappy with a keyboard.
I can lift 100 plus lbs by cupping my fingers but can not do a pinch lift with fingers even something light, fires them right up.
Sometimes you think going to pay the price for that, and no pain. Sometimes you do something little and agony.

We have bought smaller and lighter drills, drivers for me. I can paint with a roller and a stick, but can not paint for any length of time with a brush or a roller, unless the roller is on a stick. I tend to use the smaller rollers also.

Any fine hand movements hurt, forget using a ink pen, oil painting, knitting, etc,
I type everything ie emails computer etc.

You learn to adapt. Could have a lot worse things wrong, this is manageable sort of.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I wish there was something you could do to improve the pain. I have a little arthritis in my right had and when I first started working out, gripping weights bothered it. Sometimes instructors would advise up to loosen our grip and straighten our fingers when possible, then another instructor said she'd learned it was good for our hands to grip the weights. I don't know why, but now it rarely bothers me.

Ask a Question