Gable top Birdhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I need to fix some of my bird houses, starting to fall apart. Going to make some more this winter, maybe lol I have 100 out there.
ever put any trailcams on the birdfeeders? Be interesting to see such activity up close and see what kind of birds you have. Or, are you putting houses out for specific birds?

I'm thinking of putting/building a martin house for next spring--should be interesting as I'm going to mount it on one corner of the pondhouse!

smilie sword twirl.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My houses are not for anything in particular. I do have a few that the blue birds love.

The last time I was filming a nest the fledglings where thinking of flying and the 6 foot black snake showed up, they all bailed. I rather not know if they get snacked on or not. Those babies made it out just in time. It is nature but I am a softie.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Blue birds and brown warblers are my fav

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had to enlarge the pic on my phone so you can see the bird.
All I saw in that hole was a big blob of something. I'll take your word for it that it was little birds and not a big grey owl :cool:

1636742208032.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
All I saw in that hole was a big blob of something. I'll take your word for it that it was little birds and not a big grey owl :cool:

View attachment 144214
I think you may be onto something, j.w; it probably IS a big gray owl. Yeppers, a huge, colossal gray owl! Now, don't you think Burd OWES us closeups of his winged beastie????

(and yes, please DO insert a huge gray owl anigif, please!!! Making a point here....)

smile-alt1-merged-layers3.gif

B

Burd

I’m going to make one of these, minus the decorative ball things on top of the posts. I need to come up with a planter box so the plants can be removed in winter. I’ll make it long enough to go In between my 2 garage doors, put some cedar color on the east side of the house. I want a flowering trailing plant to go up the lattice.

Attachments

• C44213FC-B9A8-469C-8AE6-BF820D09C410.png
    C44213FC-B9A8-469C-8AE6-BF820D09C410.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 14

Ask a Question