Garde fish pond help

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi All, I just have a question, I have a fish pond full of guppies, platys and mollies. I noticed that there is now a huge number of tadpole invasion and I'm afraid they might eat the fry.

Any recommendations as to how to control the tadpole invasion in my pond or what other fishes could I add that can control the tadpoles but not eat the fry of my other fishes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-11-3_9-11-27.gif
@pcaspian
No worries on the little tadpoles. They don't eat fish. They will eat algae and insects but not fish. If you don't want too many in your pond you can remove some and put them in a wild body of water somewhere. Now frogs will eat your fish!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Ditto what @j.w said.

Where do you live? It must be a warm climate for you to have those particular fish in a pond — or do you move them indoors during cold weather? We enjoy seeing pictures of other people’s ponds, so it would be great if you could post some pics of yours. Most of us only keep goldfish or koi, and I’m interested in seeing a tropical set-up! I bet it’s lovely!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
P.S. — The only way I know of to control tadpoles is by eliminating the toads and frogs. To do that, I guess you would have to make it where your pond wasn’t accessible, and I don’t have any suggestions on how to accomplish that other than totally enclosing the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Circulation, lots of strong flow and a skimmer . if you don't have skimmer use a water pump create the water circulation and have it push into a deep net with a narrow opening you'll collect most of them as they are not fast water beings they need still waters.

Ask a Question