Fish for garden pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an average size pond around 6mx6m which has little to no depth changes and keeps a solid 1.5-2 foot range along the sides however it slopes slightly with a small area of about 1-2 inches of water. It is full of native plants and animals with many spawning frogs and newts. The pond is seen as natural and we would like to keep it that way as much as possible. Are there any fish which would be viable for this type of pond: not damaging the wildlife or plants, surviving in unchanging water depths and being visible.
the pond is constantly being filtered and the water is clear it also has a small fountain which aerates the pond along with the oxygenating plants.
I live in the UK-southwest
any help would be appreciated even if it is a referral.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I have an average size pond around 6mx6m which has little to no depth changes and keeps a solid 1.5-2 foot range along the sides however it slopes slightly with a small area of about 1-2 inches of water. It is full of native plants and animals with many spawning frogs and newts. The pond is seen as natural and we would like to keep it that way as much as possible. Are there any fish which would be viable for this type of pond: not damaging the wildlife or plants, surviving in unchanging water depths and being visible.
the pond is constantly being filtered and the water is clear it also has a small fountain which aerates the pond along with the oxygenating plants.
I live in the UK-southwest
any help would be appreciated even if it is a referral.

Goldfish (prefer none fancy unless you are planning to make it deeper), Dojo Loaches, Darters, Minnows of all types.

All others will die unless you put a trough heater or are too big for this pond.

Ask a Question