Garden Pond Foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have foam gathering on surface of my pond. Is this a sign of something wrong with water quality.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. No rain here for weeks. I have small waterfall the foam gathers there but has spread across the entire surface area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As stated it is usually an abundance of nutrients / things that died and or are dissolving

Reaction score
Country
United States
In aquariums, they have protein skimmers that foam to remove proteins from the water. Could it be the water fall is acting as a makeshift skimmer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. I have foam gathering on surface of my pond. Is this a sign of something wrong with water quality.
Hi. The type of foam you described equals soap suds! This is from organic material in your pond. Try scooping out with a net anything on the bottom and do some water changes. If your pond is near big trees you might want to cover it with a net in the fall. I get a different type of foam in my pond this time of the year when my goldfish start to get sexually active!

Ask a Question