Filter system for small garden ponds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, new here and planning to have a pond installed this year. Did all of you install your own bog filters? And is anybody sorry they did? I've been researching them for a while. It seems like everyone who has one raves about it, but I can't find an installer who knows about them or is willing to put one in. Unfortunately DIY is not possible for me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1616431269837.gif
@Colleen_MI
You can start a new thread and introduce yourself so more will see your posts and can answer your questions.
I don't have a bog so can't help you on that subject. Many here have them and can help.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Colleen_MI Hello and welcome!

They are available by commercial builders, but probably go by “wetlands” filter or “eco filter.” Even if you can’t do DIY yourself, the concept is simple and basic, and should be very easy for a pond builder to reconstruct.

And what @j.w said about starting a new and separate thread.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi, new here and planning to have a pond installed this year. Did all of you install your own bog filters? And is anybody sorry they did? I've been researching them for a while. It seems like everyone who has one raves about it, but I can't find an installer who knows about them or is willing to put one in. Unfortunately DIY is not possible for me.
if it were me, I'd learn all about bogs (upflow wetland filtration) and design what you want. Then, I'd hire someone who can take direction and teach them how to do it. Believe me, it's not rocket science. This way, you get what's best for the pond and you. Having any other type of filter is more maintenance and generally, more expensive, plus results vary; ask @poconojoe .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There really isn't much to a simple peastone bog. posting some pictures will help us help you

Ask a Question