Not open for further replies.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Actually I collect mostly WW2 firearms. I will get a few pics when I get time.

Reaction score
waynefrcan said:
Without notes in front of me, I am not so sure I would keep every new name or minute detail straight either, and that's without the weeks sitting in a court room, or hours of likely frustration being stuck in a room with 5 other woman LOL. What? I can remember it and I didn't sit there for 5 weeks and 16 hours in verdict watch.
Wayne, clearly you are a special man if you think you can be subjected to five woman (removed one for you to take their place) for 16 hours and still remember EVERY detail without notes LOL .... You must be a model for husbands everywhere. Most men cant handle ONE woman LOL ;-)

waynefrcan said:
Frankly, the best interests of the jurors would have been a hung jury, not the mental exhaustion they all must have faced from such a high profile trial. Through it all, I believe they did the best they could to make a decision based on law, and NOT what was going on outside or in the rest of the world. NO hung jury!!!!!
I much prefer the finding of NOT GUILTY myself, but as I said, it would have been in the JURORS best interests had it been a hung jury. People would accept that it would be very difficult to get TWO women to agree on something, let alone SIX ... With them all agreeing on NOT GUILTY, they are now potential targets of the haters and violence. The jurors should be credited for following the law, and not attacked for misspeaking or mixing up details after the fact.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Don't get too riled up my fellow countryman. We will never change their minds, but it's fun to debate.

CdnJCR said:
It is probably best if you just get comments from Americans and like minded Americans only.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
capewind said:
Wayne, clearly you are a special man if you think you can be subjected to five woman (removed one for you to take their place) for 16 hours and still remember EVERY detail without notes LOL .... You must be a model for husbands everywhere. Most men cant handle ONE woman LOL ;-) No but I'm totally rich, will that work for ya? :heartpump:

I much prefer the finding of NOT GUILTY myself, but as I said, it would have been in the JURORS best interests had it been a hung jury. People would accept that it would be very difficult to get TWO women to agree on something, let alone SIX ... With them all agreeing on NOT GUILTY, they are now potential targets of the haters and violence. The jurors should be credited for following the law, and not attacked for misspeaking or mixing up details after the fact.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
YEs you probably haven't fed the livestock since this topic started lol!

crsublette said:
Hilarious, now, the groups out there protesting the Zim case is vandalizing and looting business in California and there are pro-Trayvon groups and even Stevie Wonder yelling boycott's of all business products in Florida even though it was Florida's governor and prosecution team that initiated the Zim case.

Guess who is the cause of getting folk all rouled up in the beginning by making this into a national court case...

Drama will never end. And I'll be here to share it. Your local gardenpondforum news ancher.... :chair: Ugh, I need to get out of here, outside, get something done today.

Reaction score
waynefrcan said:
Wayne, clearly you are a special man if you think you can be subjected to five woman (removed one for you to take their place) for 16 hours and still remember EVERY detail without notes LOL .... You must be a model for husbands everywhere. Most men cant handle ONE woman LOL ;-) No but I'm totally rich, will that work for ya? :heartpump:
LMAO ... wouldnt work for me, but maybe someone else would go for it

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
I'm not for banning them.

That could happen here as well if he had guns not locked up and loaded. I bet lots of rural folk even here have a rifle at the ready. No one comes to check if we have guns stored properly. In fact we had some severe flooding in some areas recently. THe RCMP entered homes to make sure things were safe, no pets left behind etc. They came across many guns not locked up properly and removed them.

YEs If I go off my meds at 70 I can see it happen!!
I bet there would be lots of rural folk would have a rifle at the ready since they understand how silly the notion is at having firearms locked up like it was in Fort Knox only gauranteeing you are much less likely to have access to your gun during an emergency situation where how quick you can gain access to the firearm will determine the outcome.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
Don't get too riled up my fellow countryman. We will never change their minds, but it's fun to debate.
That mentality is the reason there are problems and why important resolutions are made on very important debates only when there is a majority rule, which is unfortunate, since these type of resolutions seem to almost always involve stage one thinking.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, Capewind, I completely agree with ya, but you know the avid gun crowd will never agree with those type of regulations for public safety due to an absolute unhealthy fear of government and "citizens always know best" such as allowing this crazy 70yr old man kill the kid simply sitting on his porch. I have not yet seen where there has been proper authority created by citizens to enforce present gun regulations. There are certain things the citizens are just going to have to trust the government to do, just as we trust the government with protecting our national security through the military such as if another country ever attacks us.

This is another area where I depart from the avid gun crowd. There needs to be a proper strong authority created and present to enforce these regulations and improve the regulations such as is done with operating automobiles and machinery out of the concern of the public welfare. The reason a properly strong authority has never been created for enforcement of gun regulations are due to the strong opposition by the avid gun crowd of having the government monitoring to this extent; they say they want present enforcement for the regulations, but they never want the properly strong authority to be created and that is required to enforce them.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have a house alarm and several rambo knifes kicking around!

crsublette said:
I bet there would be lots of rural folk would have a rifle at the ready since they understand how silly the notion is at having firearms locked up like it was in Fort Knox only gauranteeing you are much less likely to have access to your gun during an emergency situation where how quick you can gain access to the firearm will determine the outcome.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Talk to your people about that then. We can't help you any. Just get your blood pressure up that's all!

crsublette said:
That mentality is the reason there are problems and why important resolutions are made on very important debates only when there is a majority rule, which is unfortunate, since these type of resolutions seem to almost always involve stage one thinking.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
Talk to your people about that then. We can't help you any. Just get your blood pressure up that's all!
We talk through our vote. So when there are quite dense folk voting, thus effectively disqualifying my vote, then it ultimately does... not... matter.... Unfortunately, emotion and paranoia determine too many folk's vote. This why networking, organizing, and communication is so important.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
capewind said:
In regards to driving, I have to GO to the registry every 5 yrs to renew my license. Most Massachusetts residents can renew online, but since I hold a Class B/Commercial Drivers License (CDL), I am required to renew in person, specificially to take an eye exam. Due to my license catagory, I must prove 20/40 or better vision in BOTH eyes, and MUST have a medical card in possession at all times while in a commercial vehicle over 26000 GVW. To put this in prospective, the average passenger car weighs about 5000 lbs. Hubby's truck loaded is registered at 55.000 GVW ... They want to know the driver can see, and is over all in good health. If I was diabetic, I would fail my medical card. If my blood pressure was higher than 150, I would fail fail my medical card. The legal BAC/breathalizer limit is POINT 08 for class C and D drivers. For class A and B drivers, the limit is POINT 04.

Normal class D drivers, must have vision of 20/40 WITH or WITHOUT corrective lenses in ONE eye (can be totally blind in the other).

20/50 to 20/70 vision, one eye, with any needed corrective lenses for a DAY TIME license.

As of 2010, in Massachusetts, seniors over the age of 75 must apply in person to renew, specificially to pass the standard eye exam.

All of the above MUST be able to see red, green and amber colors.

I know I am being long winded spelling out the licensing requirements, but I dont think it would be unreasonable to ask FID holders, past a certain age, to take an eye exam, and a basic exam designed specificially to look for mental disorders in seniors. If a person has a history of mental illness, they would not qualify for an FID card in the first place...

First I have to ask what is FID card?

In Utah you need no government card or permit to exercise your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. You must be of legal age and pass a background check PERIOD.

I have heard of states requiring some sort of permit to own a firearm and am shocked to hear people talk about it being ok or to extend the requirements of such permit.

First of all driving is a privilege, not a right protected by the Constitution, to compare the two is apples to oranges.

Second, what other right protected by the Constitution is there that you are required to get a permit to exercise and pay the government their fee??? Is there a freedom of speech card? freedom of religion card?

Freedom is not perfect by any means, and it does not guarantee safety or success. I gladly embrace the dangers of freedom over the safety and security of servitude to a government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question