George Zimmerman Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
capewind said:
Strongest gun laws in the country too I believe ... how's that working out for them??? I havent read the stats, but with all the crap going down in Detroit, I wonder how the bailout is working out there ... Obama is a .... well, never mind...
According to FBI statistics, Chicago, with a per capita murder rate of 15.9/per 100,000 residents, ranked behind over three dozen other American cities.
In 2011, the city’s murder rate was less than half that of the cities of New Orleans (57.6/per 100,00), Detroit (48.2) and St. Louis (35.3). Chicago’s homicide rate was also lower than such unremarkable cities as Ft. Myers, FL (31.7) Pine Bluff, AR (24.3), Dayton, OH (23.3) Rocky Mount, NC (20.6), Gulfport, MS (17.6) and Harrisburg, PA (16.1). Although Chicago has a reputation for being a deadly city, a resident’s odds of being murdered there in a given year are about 1 in 6250. By comparison, a New Orleans resident has roughly a 1 in 1750 chance of being killed in a homicide over a twelve month period. Thus, a New Orleans resident is more than three times as likely to become a murder victim in his hometown than a resident of Chicago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
2011 statistics are very clear. All the top states for gun crimes have the most restrictive gun laws. This is strictly based on firearm crimes.
FirefoxScreenSnapz003-620x344.jpg

And in comparison. The wonderful state of Utah that I call home :)

"In 2011, Utah, the state that the Brady Campaign determined had the least gun control, experienced just 26 gun murders and a firearms murder rate of 0.97. Utah has a population 2.8 million."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
pecan said:
2011 statistics are very clear. All the top states for gun crimes have the most restrictive gun laws. This is strictly based on firearm crimes.
FirefoxScreenSnapz003-620x344.jpg

And in comparison. The wonderful state of Utah that I call home :)

"In 2011, Utah, the state that the Brady Campaign determined had the least gun control, experienced just 26 gun murders and a firearms murder rate of 0.97. Utah has a population 2.8 million."
Well that explains it Utah has roughly the same population as Chicago. But Utah is 84,898 sq mi compared to the City of Chicago 234.0 sq. mi. its not less guns control, you just need to spread people out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
God what a lot of fuss this guy Ziimmerman got lucky , I cant understand why in your County the Afro Carrribean or Afro American and the whites cannot get along with each other .
I served with black guys who I would have given my life up for and the same them we lve peacefully side by side here in the UK with only a few of our larger slum's having gun or knife crime mostly against one another .
Yes there are muggings thats either colour how many years now is it since you freed the slaves come on live together peacefully dont look at each person as a potential mugger or murderer .
A while ago they ran a advert on the TV in which various senario's were run and guess what the senario was that people helped people its whats in your mind that is wrong and the reason why Zimmerman shot the poor lad personally I think he should be doing hard time with a death penalty for premeditated Murder

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
When folk start blathering how they need guns to 'defend' themselves besides noticing how Zimmerman ended up squeeling like a girl and Trayvon was in a position to take it off him with one swing pretty easy, it's worth mentioning that gun owners are a plentiful supply of guns to criminals

190,000 guns lost, stolen in 2012. (ATF numbers, not including unknown weapons stolen, lost)

Extrapolating that number over five years, a million guns in the hands of criminals.

If in the same year, 1.1 million licenses were issued, the equivalent of 20% of those weapons went into the wrong hands, as if many legit incompetent gun owners like Zimmerman, who go round stalking kids after dark, are not bad enough

What a menace gun users are.

Reaction score
adavisus said:
When folk start blathering how they need guns to 'defend' themselves besides noticing how Zimmerman ended up squeeling like a girl and Trayvon was in a position to take it off him with one swing pretty easy, it's worth mentioning that gun owners are a plentiful supply of guns to criminals

190,000 guns lost, stolen in 2012. (ATF numbers, not including unknown weapons stolen, lost)

Extrapolating that number over five years, a million guns in the hands of criminals.

If in the same year, 1.1 million licenses were issued, the equivalent of 20% of those weapons went into the wrong hands, as if many legit incompetent gun owners like Zimmerman, who go round stalking kids after dark, are not bad enough

What a menace gun users are.
It seems, and a jury did find, that Zimmerman used his gun properly. How do you find him incompetent?

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Dave 54 said:
God what a lot of fuss this guy Ziimmerman got lucky , I cant understand why in your County the Afro Carrribean or Afro American and the whites cannot get along with each other .
I served with black guys who I would have given my life up for and the same them we lve peacefully side by side here in the UK with only a few of our larger slum's having gun or knife crime mostly against one another .
Yes there are muggings thats either colour how many years now is it since you freed the slaves come on live together peacefully dont look at each person as a potential mugger or murderer .
A while ago they ran a advert on the TV in which various senario's were run and guess what the senario was that people helped people its whats in your mind that is wrong and the reason why Zimmerman shot the poor lad personally I think he should be doing hard time with a death penalty for premeditated Murder

rgrds

Dave

Welp, it is a good thing the evidence and the law proves you wrong. The fantasy desire to want to believe this country has terrible racial problems is the only reason why this case went to court, which is seen due to the obvious political pressures given by the judicial branch, the mob, race baiters, white guilt folk, and the governor to go prosecutor shopping, manipulating evidence, and firing the police chief so that they can get the arrest and criminal court case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
He went chasing kids toting a gun after dark

A) He got close enough to his victim for the victim to flatten him, easy

B) He squeeled like a pig which indicates that he is damn useless under stress, absolutely unfit character to carry a gun

C) The kid was able to get on top of him and finish him off (bad luck the kid didn't have the wherewithal to render the cowardly thug disabled)

D) When the cowardly thugs attempt at assault failed he resorted to shooting a kid at point blank range who quite rightfully tried to defend himself against an assailant who pursued him

E) Zimmerman had ample opportunity to leave his gun in a safe place, back off, keep a safe distance, use a gun as a club, He didn't

F) When police did arrive at the scene in spite of being familiar with the law, Zimmerman lied that 'stand your ground' applied to avoid arrest

All round, I'd say Zimmerman did not have adequate ability to do anything competent

The consequences of his incompetence? tot up one childs life ended, a massive settlement from the housing asociation, big bill to taxpayer, public outrage, untold future casualties when in future, increasing numbers of weapons carrying folk stab, shoot, bludgeon first and talk later

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
adavisus said:
He went chasing kids toting a gun after dark

A) He got close enough to his victim for the victim to flatten him, easy

B) He squeeled like a pig which indicates that he is damn useless under stress

C) The kid was able to get on top of him and finish him off (bad luck the kid didn't have the wherewithal to render the cowardly thug disabled)

D) When the cowardly thugs attempt at assault failed he resorted to shooting a kid at point who quite rightfully tried to defend himself at blank range

E) Zimmerman had ample opportunity to leave his gun in a safe place, back off, keep a safe distance, use a gun as a club, He didn't

E) When police did arrive at the scene in spite of being familiar with the law, Zimmerman lied that 'stand your ground' applied to avoid arrest

Again, it is a good thing the evidence and the law proves you wrong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
dieselplower said:
It seems, and a jury did find, that Zimmerman used his gun properly. How do you find him incompetent?
I think all this jury found was reasonable doubt as to what happened, which under the law and evidence was the only verdict possible.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
CdnJCR said:
I think all this jury found was reasonable doubt as to what happened, which under the law and evidence was the only verdict possible.
Correct, reasonable doubt for any level of manslaughter to be applied and obvious reason for choosing self defense as was the reason used for the acquital.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
crsublette said:
Correct, reasonable doubt for any level of manslaughter to be applied and obvious reason for choosing self defense as was the reason used for the acquital.
Reasonable doubt was quite easy to reach since one was killed leaving only one person to explain what happened - Statement 1 - He started it - Statement 2 - I was scared - Statement 3 - I shot him - prove otherwise. Something everyone in Florida should carry on a cue card in case you shoot someone and there are no witnesses.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Correct, the evidence could not prove there was any level of intent on Zim's behalf to want to kill or that he was not scared and thus the reasonable doubt created to not charge any level of manslaughter and acquit due to self defense.

Something everyone in Florida should carry with them is a cue card to remind them to not get into a fist fight with a conceal gun carry person.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Also, the young man's mother and the young man's girl on their television interviews said they believed that Trayvon started the fight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
crsublette said:
Correct, the evidence could not prove there was any level of intent on Zim's behalf to want to kill or that he was not scared and thus the reasonable doubt created to not charge any level of manslaughter and acquit due to self defense.

Something everyone in Florida should carry with them is a cue card to remind them to not get into a fist fight with a conceal gun carry person.
It does all hinge on Step 1 who started the fight otherwise your suggested cue card doesn't help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question