Not open for further replies.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
NOt a racist PEcan, but Zim was seeing things he wanted to see. Not using common sense.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We have agreed on this 580 posts ago. But the Zim made mistakes is all a few are getting at now.

crsublette said:
Yep, all the hypotheticals are flat out irrelevant.

The absolute reason the young man got shot was the result of an aggravated assault.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
NOt a racist PEcan, but Zim was seeing things he wanted to see. Not using common sense.
The young man as well not using common sense.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Man again, I stated that many posts ago. Read before jumping all over it!

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
Man again, I stated that many posts ago. Read before jumping all over it!
Hmmm, interesting you were more interested in saying Zim was the one not using common sense and not including the young man in that sentence as well on post #587.

Aaahhh, that was not even a good enough trolling post for me to reply to. :banghead3:

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OK true, I'm not an english scholar in case you haven't noticed. I don't like posting 500 - 1000 word posts to get my points across.

Mistakes made by both people that resulted in a self defense shooting, we agree now finally?

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
waynefrcan said:
OK I'm not an english scholar in case you haven't noticed. I don't like posting 500 - 1000 word posts to get my points across.
Me neither... ;) (two words) ... bah, now four words, grr, nevermind. :bdaybiggrin:

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
True why bother. Waste of memory space for the server.

crsublette said:
Hmmm, interesting you were more interested in saying Zim was the one not using common sense and not including the young man in that sentence as well on post #587.

Aaahhh, that was not even a good enough trolling post for me to reply to. :banghead3:

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Come on man you can do it!! Do we agree finally????

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
waynefrcan said:
I am sorry but the other day I was in Walgreens, I saw a two white teenager obviously on meth, looked like they had not slept in weeks in the medication isle. I assume looking for ingredients to make meth. Did I take note and watch them, yes I did. Because meth heads are a problem around here.

In that neighborhood with a history of young black hood rat males (yes TM was a gansta hoodrat and he let the world know be his actions previous to that night and glorified it on his FB page) committing burglaries and you see one looking suspicious, you take note. That is common sense. Just like when I fly I take note if a muslim in full garb is on the plane... Why because they have been known to blow up our planes. Anyone who blindly assumes everyone is nice and does not pay attention to their surroundings is NOT using common sense.

Why should GZ be blamed for the black youth in his area committing all the crime? If the black youth there don't like it shouldn't they STOP committing all the crime??? BTW, We don't have that problem in Utah, it is mainly the young white meth heads doing all the criminal activities so that is who I watch out for. Am I a racist??? Am I not using common sense?

Profiling is done for a reason and it works. And it is not racist.

TM was not a innocent child in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was young black male with a history of criminal offenses in an area that had problems with exactly that. And then the bottom line is he assault GZ and GZ acted in self defense.

Reaction score
waynefrcan said:
Right Cape, and if Charles would think about such things before posting he might agree with some of it.
I think Charles looks at all sides more then he verbalizes. I enjoy even his off the wall comments as it add another perspective for deeper thought. Sometimes we have to read between the lines. With any case, after the fact, everyone can sit there with the could have, should have, would haves, but we also have to think in terms of the non rational thought process and simple human reaction.

Summer of 2011, my then 16 yr old daughter crossed a line, and if we hadnt been there to CORRECT her blatant disrespect, we would have had a serious issue go down in our own driveway. To someone who didnt understand what was going down, she was only being mouthy standing up for her friend, but she tread into an area where it was okay to be a witness to a gang issue, it was NOT okay to run her mouth. We addressed HER for being out of line, which ALSO showed our respect to them, that we knew she was in the wrong and handled it, before they felt the need, and stuck to their own issue.

Reaction score
crsublette said:
It is funny how everyone wants to give the dead young man all of the benefit of the doubt and absolutely zero benefit of the doubt to the fella defending himself. Even the jury, as told in the interview by the alternate juror, entirely discounted Zimmerman's testimony, so they just looked at the other witness testimony and evidence and was still able to give both parties the benefit of the doubt while keeping Zim innocent until proven guilty, as is the dictates of justice.
I can only speak for myself here, but I tried to look at this case from every angle. Remember, some charges include the defination of HOW A REASONABLE PERSON WOULD RESPOND in a similar situation.

Let's hit that from a different angle for a moment. You and I both know it is against the law to speed. In many states, excessive speeds are also classified as driving to endanger. You know my daughter was in an accident a few months ago, and we were on the phone when she was hit ... We KNEW she was hurt, and it took time for her to tell us a ROAD that she was on ... As soon as we had that info, we were out that door to FIND her, and dialing 911 at the same time. We didnt know exactly where she was, only that the road wasnt far ... Of the fire and police, we were the furthest away, yet got on scene BEFORE either of them ... It is obvious that we were speeding to get there. The truth is I had to tell my husband to slow down, when he was exceeding 90 mph in what is "normally" a 35 mph zone, but was actually reduced lower due to road construction. Under letter of law in this state, at the admitted speed, it was a criminal offense, but since a REASONABLE PERSON would do the same in the same situation, we actually did not break the law.

So now look at this case again ... It is easy to define what a reasonable person would do, from both sides ... Did they both make mistakes, yes, but if after sorting out the details, going by letter of law, the jury found the only verdict they could. GZ could have said any number of things that could have defused a confrontation. I am not defending TMs confrontation, as I think he was wrong there, but knowing a lot of kids from both sides of the track so to speak, it isnt a stretch to think of possibilities. For all we know TM hated "spics" and saw an oppurtunity to give one a beat down, we dont know.

Reaction score
pecan said:
Profiling is done for a reason and it works. And it is not racist.
I guess I am a sexist. I profile men all the time, and only some women ... Awareness is the first action of self defense.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, Capewind and Pecan, I agree.

Capewind, I would think "to think of all the possibilites" to determine if Zim truely was reasonablly in fear of his life would involve conjecture beyond what was present in the court. I think the entire point of the prosecutions approach to the case was to prove your point that, if Zim was a reasonable person and not a person intently wanting to kill Trayvon, then the young man would be alive, but there was just far too much reasonable doubt and no evidence to reinforce this narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question