j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Woo Hoo sissy, you are back alive and kicking. How'd the snake get at you on your mower (riding or push mower)?
Hope it heals fast. I bet you will be on the lookout from now on or wear long boots (I presume he got ya on the leg?).

welcomeback_purpleflower.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my red riding lawn mower and he jumped right up the side of it .Even the cops said they never saw a snake jump up at something moving like that ,they usually will try to get out of the way .He said that usually they feel the vibration and scurry away but not this one .He got my right leg just below the knee and ripped the skin as he was going down with his fangs .I saw his fangs at the hospital even they were shocked how big they were .He was no small snake either .By he pieces they looked at at he was over 5 feet long and 4 to 5 inches round .They said they have seen a few that size that live in the woods around here .I just went out to my pond to see what the water temp is and it's at 90 degrees and found 3 more lily's getting ready to bloom .I guess aggie and bert missed me ,they were right at my hands wanted petted and touched ,even my 1 shy fish I had came over to greet me .I guess they were hungry Everything in the pond looked good at least .With the heat I did not want to go out there to much with taking these pills .Go to the doctors tomorrow .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the whole thing gives me the heeby jeebies just reading about what you went through. Snakes do have their place in nature and they can be really pretty but oh please I don't ever want one hanging off the flesh of my leg especially one that big :lol:
Must have been ever so traumatic for you sissy..........I feel for you
there.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can remember seeing a bull snake at least 6 ft long across and at least 4 inches thick on our gravel road as a kid (raised on a farm in the country)...needless to say I turned my bike around and went back home! he was huge!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The game warden even came by today no clue what he was looking for or why he was here .He wanted o make sure of the true size of the snake and why it was that aggresive .I feel it was driven from the woods by the logging they were doing here and they could have desturbed his home .The logging has been done for over 2 weeks now so not sure .All I know is I hope it is the last one I see or feel .I just hope no children ever run into one like this around here .I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh yeh sure I just love snakes and moved out here to hide my gang of snakes LOL

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Glad to see you back and really glad it wasn't any worse than it was. Still had to have been a frightening experience. Even with all the years of experience I have with handling snakes, It would have scared the #@$% out of me!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Funny it scared me but to be honest I did not know how bad it was until after I ran over the snake and happen to look down and say do snakes have blood and then came the searing hot pain when I got off the lawn mower .I was just hoping when I got my keys to drive to the hospital that I had enough gas to get there ,Ambulance out here takes forever .Gosh could imagine the stop at a gas station a getting out to pump and pay for it .I looked scary when I got to the hospital ,you should have seen the security guards face when I tried to park in the emergency room parking lot .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my, you drove yourself to the hospital..................you got guts sissy :boldblue:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I bet one look at ur leg and they had a different look on their faces...good to know your all fixed up now though! Just keep it clean and watch for infection!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
sissy said:
Funny it scared me but to be honest I did not know how bad it was until after I ran over the snake and happen to look down and say do snakes have blood and then came the searing hot pain when I got off the lawn mower .I was just hoping when I got my keys to drive to the hospital that I had enough gas to get there ,Ambulance out here takes forever .Gosh could imagine the stop at a gas station a getting out to pump and pay for it .I looked scary when I got to the hospital ,you should have seen the security guards face when I tried to park in the emergency room parking lot .

j.w said:
Oh my, you drove yourself to the hospital..................you got guts sissy :bowdown:

The reason she was getting the strange looks from the security gaurds at the emergency parking lot is because she was still on her tractor.:lol::lol::lol::(

Ask a Question